PDA

View Full Version : anxiety now starting about sleep

stars22
07-08-14, 22:08
Hi im new to this site today but I joined because I have had anxiety about everything since I was around 8 I'm now 22 but hear is my question and I'm hoping someone can relate to this , from early hours this morning when I went to bed I was a bit panicked because I felt extremely light and I was focused on my breathing I was exhausted after a long day, so I put it down to that as I was drifting to sleep I opened my eyes as my body around my chest jolted and I gasped for air I had the butterfly/burning panic feeling in my chest aswell it happened about 30 times before I finally fell to sleep which I can not remember doing. I made a doctors appointment today he saw I had anxiety and straight away his answer was anxiety my question is has anybody else experienced this and found out what it is because im not 100% convinced everytime I go to doctors its anxiety but now im also scared to sleep incase it happens again I feel like im going crazy :wacko:

Kelxx
07-08-14, 23:48
I had this problem also, everytime I went to the doctors it was always anxiety, no matter what. You feel like they say that for an easy excuse, but remember they are professionals and if they did think there was something wrong they would not let you out the door without checking you over :) I get this all the time, I wake up and my arms will be completely numb which will send me straight into a panic attack, its probably one of my worst symptoms :( I know its not the best for ears but sleeping with earphones in with quiet music helps me

stars22
09-08-14, 00:18
Thank you so much I will put earphones in tonight see if it makes a difference the one place I could escape from panic attacks was sleep hopefully it wont be every night :) x