PDA

View Full Version : Cervical cancer worry, highly abnormal papsmear, biopsies

Sarahjosephine
08-08-14, 13:26
Hi guys, so I've been going through a hell of a lot lately. My bf passed away 9 months ago and I recently got a highly abnormal papsmear reading and had to get biopsies and a colposcopy done which was extremely painful and due to suffering from HA for over 10 years this had all been just too much for me to bare. I am so scared about my results considering my grandmother died from this and I used to always have normal papsmears. I get my results next week and I just constantly feel like I'm having a panic attack, on edge, crying and just feel so alone. I don't want to die and I want to be able to have babies, the gyno scared me even more because he said I will probably need part of my cervix removed which sounds like the C word to me and I just burst into years he was very cold and serious and it made me so uncomfortable. I just want my bf here to hug and to be free from all this...I dunno what to do if anyone has been through this and is okay or is going through this please help and any advice that would be much appreciated. Much love and light xo

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

Any reassurance and advice would mean the world, I'm making myself sick over this.

Dolphin8808
08-08-14, 13:59
Please try to breath. Your doctor sounds like an ass!!! I have had abnormal paps before, they redo the test and all comes back ok. Same with a few other women I know. Another I am best friends with had cervical cancer years and years ago and is totally fine now. Please try to relax. I know that is so much easier said then done.

Is there anyway you can call and ask for the results so you don't have to wait for your appt next week? I know the waiting game is the hardest of all. Its horrible. We always go to worse case scenarios.

Please keep us posted. I am so very sorry for your loss of your BF. This is all so fresh for you so I can totally understand why you are struggling so much

nomorepanic
08-08-14, 14:01
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Sarahjosephine
11-08-14, 12:21
Hi Dani,
I tried to reply to this earlier but my phone crashed, what I said is thank you so much...I am still worrying myself sick about this though. I know they won't give me the results over the phone because it is already abnormal and I will need surgery. I just don't want to already have cancer :'( I am have also been feeling nauseous for a few weeks so can't help but associate everything with this now and I never noticed symptoms that I had until now, like dull aches down there, smelly discharge etc...I am so scared. I just want my bf here to hold, I have been praying that it is all gonna be okay. H.A and then going through one thing after I get over something else is just exhausting, thank you for your kind words. Did you have to get biopsies? xx

Beckie4567
04-09-14, 23:30
How did u get on after x

Sarahjosephine
16-09-14, 05:16
I got my results and I have CIN3 and have to have a lletz procedure done in the next 6 weeks which is removal of the bad cells via laser. It is scary but I am dealing with it as much as I can and not worrying too much until the day of the operation. I am still afraid they might find more and not get it or worse but I am just taking it as it comes and have found out it is quite common and treatable...thank you for your support.