PDA

View Full Version : ever feel as your dozing off you feel like your heaet slowing wake up gasping

julia
08-08-14, 15:56
I've tried to nap this afternoon feel so tired but every time I drop off I awake with a gasp like heart slowing down or breathing it's odd feeling and annoying as I want a sleep
Happened 4 times now ,have had it odd times in the past does anybody else please?

stars22
09-08-14, 00:29
Must be more common than i thought This has been happening to me I have had it every now and again but the other night I had it so many times I dont have a clue what it is so can't be much to help but your not alone I went to doctors about it and was told anxiety but if you find out please let me know :)

hearthstone25
09-08-14, 18:43
I get it too bro. It sucks.

JoeGomez17
11-08-14, 18:49
All the time Julia. It is a scary scary feeling but know you're not alone. I get both the feeling of slow heart and gasp for air.

Mine started when I had my first panic attack. Try to sleep at a slight angle, that has helped me. Do it by lifting the head of your bed, not by putting a ton of pillows under your head.

I also avoid napping on the couch as this is where it happens to me the most. In my angled bed it does not happen as much.

Best wishes

Sabre120
01-09-14, 05:05
Yeah I had this for a few months intermittently after my first panic attack, but I had an ECG and since then I've had no heart concerns.