PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks- or- Heart Problems

Alexisd89
08-08-14, 16:12
Hello,
New here on the forum. Hoping (unfortunately) that others have similar symptoms as me. Lately I have convinced myself that I have heart problems (thanks a lot google). Last night I had a pretty massive panic attack (or heart attack) to the point that I almost went to the hospital. It started with a tightness between my shoulder blades... more so on the left side... then the pain down my left arm, then racing heart and at this point I just knew I was having a heart attack, this lasted about 3.5 hours :( I am 25 years old and of average weight (145 lbs) so realistically I realize that the odds of me having a heart attack are very low but I don't know what else causes the pain down my left arm and shoulder??!!?? I have been suffering from (self diagnosed, of coarse) anxiety or panic for almost 2 years. My first "episode" was terrifying. I had this overwhelming sense of unnecessary fear, then tingling started in my fingertips and went up my arms and then to my toes and legs. My husband said I went completely white/pale and then I started hyperventilating but unfortunately could not even hold a bag to my face to attempt to breath into due to my limbs freezing in what my husband could only describe as a dead or "rigor mortis" looking form. I was stuck there frozen for about 20 minutes (felt like an hour) until my ribcage felt like it was going to fold in on my body. At about that time I, apparently, kind of just passed out and started breathing normal again. After this episode I was completely exhausted and slept for about 3 hours. Has anyone else ever had the "freeze" type of response? Like I said, it was only described as rigamortis looking, like a frozen dead body. Really scary! Anyways this has only happened 4 times in the last two hears but know I have moved on to this apparent "heart condition" that I have diagnosed myself with. Just thought I would see others thoughts on these topics as most of the panic I read about doesn't necessarily freeze a person or cause intense left chest,arm and back pain. Anything helps! Please tell me I'm not alone!!!!!

celticlass62
08-08-14, 16:49
If it was your heart you would have been rushed to the hospital .
as a heart attack does not last over 3or4 hours it happens straight away.
if you are worried about how you are feeling please go and see your doctor.
i hope you feel a lot better today.
lots of love to you
celticlass xxxxxx :hugs::hugs:

Alexisd89
08-08-14, 20:23
Thank you for your reply! Its silly how much it helps alleviate my anxiety to hear someone say that I'm fine. I did finally make an appointment for Monday to talk to a doctor so I just need to survive the weekend!!! :D I know how ridiculous it sounds but at the time it is so very real. I then woke last night at about 1am with my left arm completely numb and almost unable to move it which was also terrifying. Its probly something simple like sleeping on it wrong or something but all of these symptoms put together (according to google) is a heart attack or heart condition!! Ug, I hate google :wacko: