PDA

View Full Version : Here I go Again

syl
21-12-06, 08:06
well as most of you may remember I had problems regarding my son not contacting me for weeks on end ,
well he has gone and done it again i have tried phoning all week from last friday and no reply was getting very worried as he lives so far away .
then low and behold i loged on his website on monday and he and his wife and daughter have gone to daughter in laws parents in florida for christmas great only way you find out were your son is , is by looking at his website
I know this may sound awful but as he is the only relative i have and i live alone i do like to know when he is away in case of emergencys but that doesnt seem to count with him.

I guess i will get a phone call on chistmas day and new years day and then he might tell me he is away lol

Have decided that the boot is going to be on the other foot at new year as I have decided to go away for 5 days with a girl friend and no I am not going to tell him so if he phones me on new years day there will be no answer then maybe he will know how i feel if he cares only problem is all this has sent my anxiety sky high again and palpations are running faster than i like
my question is do you think i am doing wrong not telling him I am going away
I want him to have to wonder and hopefully worry why i am not answering the phone am i being nasty to him

hopeful
21-12-06, 09:14
Hi Syl,
Your son has been very inconsiderate by going away without telling you. Good for you that you too are going away for the new year. I dont think you'd be right or wrong by not telling him,its up to you. If it was me though I'd let him know cos I'm a great believer in two wrongs don't make a right.
Hope you have a lovely time visiting your friend.
Take care
julie x

Whatever happens I'll handle it !

lass
21-12-06, 09:59
I think I'd be inclined to agree with you Sylvia - you are always around when he wants you and he can always get in touch. Maybe he needs to see how it feels to be the one left worrying, for a change. You don't even need to justify it to him afterwards - if it was a last minute decision to go away, you wouldn't be able to let him know anyway!

I hope you can start calming down again now, and enjoy your Christmas and New Year. You've got lots of friends on here to turn to if you need some support.:)

Caroline
xx

tam
21-12-06, 10:57
hi syl its not very nice that he has gone away and not told you.i agree with you not telling him your going away as it might open up is eyes a bit of what you go through.i would tell someone that is close to you both or someone you both know,so someone knows were you are.have a lovely time and dont let this spoil it.tc tracy

yorkylover
21-12-06, 12:38
Hi Syl sorry your going through a bad patch.Me to!!!!!! I have a brother who is inconsiderate.Go away and enjoy yourself for newyear.The least he could have done was visit you before christmas.

Ellen XX

chillx
21-12-06, 13:04
Hi Syl

I really feel for you. You must be feeling so angry and hurt. Are you going to be alone on Christmas day or will you go to your friends? Remember there will always be people on this forum if you wish to chat you won't be alone.,

As for New Year just you have a nice break with your friend and forget all about this hurtful situation.

Best wishes.

chillx

syl
21-12-06, 18:59
Hi Thanks all for your replys and i have made my mind up i am not going to tell my son will tell a friend of mine were i am in case i am needed but other than that i am going to try and get stress free for the start of 2007
thanks for all your replys