PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever

Cags48
09-08-14, 14:31
All these posts about cancer etc did anyone ever get a diagnosis with any of these diseases ?

swanick15
09-08-14, 19:34
That's a very good question, as much as we fear these things I've only seen one so far on here and they have said they were diagnosed with MS but I think its best not to give their name for privacy reasons though.

Fishmanpa
09-08-14, 19:59
Of the thousands and thousands and thousands of posts and fears, I know of two that have actually been diagnosed with something they feared. That being said, it's not the end of the world and they can be treated and healed.

On the other hand, many, many more have sought treatment for the real illness *anxiety* and have come out on the other side healed and happy.

Positive thoughts

anthrokid
10-08-14, 01:19
I'm with Fishmanpa. I've been around a while, and out of the 38980 posts in the HA forum, I've only ever seen 2 posts about a fear actually being diagnosed. I can't do the math, but I imagine that's a pretty teeny tiny percentage, haha! On the other hand, I have seen hundreds upon hundreds who have thought they had awful diseases and illnesses who learned they had anxiety and worked hard to recover :)

tracieann
10-08-14, 17:02
Quite a long time since I've been on here been quite ill and been trying to get well I always feared stomach cancer and last time I was on was convinced I had it I had endoscopy and had Barrett s oesophagus which is pretty serious and has to be monitored and you have to take meds for life as it can turn into cancer that's what I had and believe me that's been quite bad enough