PDA

View Full Version : Just Banged My Head!!

Petesy
09-08-14, 14:49
Hi Everyone

Cleaning up the kitchen and putting the groceries away forgot I'd left the cupboard door open and as I bend down to pick up tins I stand up and smack my head right off the corner of the cupboard door, small amount of blood my partner says it's a scratch but the lump is big :ohmy:

Their's all sorts going through my head right now my partner says to me bet any money you're thinking about , clots, aneurysm, etc.. I said no, but yeah she's right I am!

Didn't like the way she spoke as if mental illness is a joke :mad:

I'm freaking out big time but I ain't telling my partner if it's a big joke to her.... Hence why I'm posting here

My head is throbbing, and a strange cold feeling around the area that's cut...

AnnieMags
09-08-14, 15:18
Your imagination is running away with you, Petesey - if something like that could cause life-threatening injury, none of us would be here! :) I would bet any money there are another few thousand people in the UK having done the self-same thing within the last 10 minutes. I had a bump on my head last week from the corner of the cooker hood. Anyway, the force involved in a knock like you describe is so small that the only thing it can cause is a superficial cut and a bit of a bruise - hence the swelling. Any feeling of being unwell is caused by your panic and anxiety. I promise you you are absolutely fine. Take a tea towel and a pack of something out of the freezer (peas are good as they can be 'moulded') and hold on the bump for ten minutes. (Tea towel or similar is important to avoid 'ice-burn'). The cut will heal in a few days and the bump will disappear, but you can forget all about both right now! :) Hugs from AnnieMags

Petesy
09-08-14, 15:37
Hi Mags

Thanks for your reply

Yeah you're right my partner has just said to me are you ok you look agitated... Which I replied yes I am about my head, I'll go get something out the freezer and get to it.

Thanks very much for your reassurance, i feel a bit silly now but I'm a worrier and suffer from G.A.D. & P.T.S.D and it's playing it's part right now :blush:

Thanks again Mags :bighug1:

Petesy.

Annie0904
09-08-14, 17:17
I did the same thing when I was was cleaning a few weeks ago...it really hurt!! I felt dizzy for a while and it was sore for about a week after but I have lived to tell the tale and you will too :) Our heads are tougher than we think :)