PDA

View Full Version : lock. jaw

Katy92
09-08-14, 20:35
Hi any 1/help I'm worried if I get locked jaw its feels really tight and hard open so worried gonna get lock jawww :(((/ cums and goes

spuder
09-08-14, 20:37
I would go A&E hun. :hugs:

nomorepanic
09-08-14, 20:40
Not sure it needs an A&E visit to be honest.

Katy92
09-08-14, 20:44
Is not to anxiety coz was oka till I seen somet on telly with teen then I fort about it now I've got it will I die

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Will I die now I'm stressing and worried ??? Is not like tension thing

MRS STRESS ED
09-08-14, 20:47
Ermm I wouldn't think so really ,it will be anxiety as you said something on telly set you off and anxiety can cause havoc were ever it goes stop worrying honestly xx

Katy92
09-08-14, 20:56
Can that be symptom if anxiety can die of lock jaw

MRS STRESS ED
09-08-14, 21:03
Katey no your not going to die from it love and it is caused because of clenching your jaw I do this all the time without realizing it please don't waste you time worrying xx

Katy92
09-08-14, 21:31
OK thanks can anxiety cause all this in ur jaw u ever hurd people getting tight jaw sore teeth and struggle open

Fishmanpa
09-08-14, 21:35
A reply to your same thread in the general anxiety forum is correct in that lock jaw is caused by tetanus. You don't have tetanus so therefore you don't have lock jaw. Another cause for difficulty in opening your mouth are radiation treatments to the head and neck. I don't imagine you've had those so what does that leave? Good 'ol anxiety! Tension, stress, clenching your jaw etc.

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Katy92
09-08-14, 22:06
OK thanks no ain't had xrays like that for least year had teeth xray about ,3months ago do u know any1 eles get symptoms like this for anxiety xxx

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

Now I'm worrying wat did u do wen u got it xxxxx

anthrokid
10-08-14, 01:36
Katy, lots of anxiety sufferers have symptoms associated with a stiff and sore jaw. This can be caused by muscle tension. When people are stressed and anxious, sometimes they clench their teeth or tense their muscles in the face/neck/jaw without realising. This can cause stiffness and pain in the jaw. This is obviously something that is really worrying you right now. Perhaps you could pop into your GP for a bit of advice and some reassurance :)

Katy92
10-08-14, 11:12
Thanks no its oka think its me griding my teeth in my sleep that might be it also coz in stressed at the min with all these attacks xxx

KeeKee
10-08-14, 14:58
I had lock jaw last year. I have no idea how it happened but my wisdom tooth was coming through so I was putting my fingers in my mouth. My cheek was very painful and swollen. I literally couldn't open my mouth. If you ever get it again just go to the doctors could be TMJ as I was advised mine was (after a 2 month referral). I even mentioned tetanus as my dog got put down a long time ago from that and he too had lockjaw but that is the final stages and the dentist even laughed and said you don't have tetanus.
It goes on it's own in varied lengths of time, mine took around 5 - 7 days.