PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive Thoughts

little kyle
11-08-14, 08:31
Hello People

Sorry to be a pain but i keep having thoughts images of taking tablets (overdosing) well i presume that's what the images are about.

Thing is obviously there causing me some great concern as i keep thinking that if the images are there i will act on them when i don't want to i love my life as i have accepted it could be worse i could be in a wheel chair no offence ment

But know when i'm eating for example when i eaten chocolate as i felt peckish after eating it all i had the thought/image i had eaten something else and its always revolving around tablets......

and its the same if i drink out of bottles coca cola if i feel as if i have swallowed something while i have been drinking i start having horrible thoughts again revolving round tablets

i cant open drink cans fully as i feel the gap will be small so i don't have to worry

and i will say i have always been scared of tablets and antibiotic

And if i have the thoughts and cant remember what i was doing before hand again it will cause me to panic and my mind set will be: have i/ what if

please someone give me the ladder to get out this ditch i'm in

---------- Post added at 08:31 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

Forgot to mention i have also got my family to move tablets somewhere else out of sight that's how much its affecting me

Sammy1988
11-08-14, 10:20
Hi huni I'm exactly the same! But there only intrusive thoughts, when were anxious our brain looks for the worst case scenario so it isn't something u want to act on it's actually something you actually fear. Don't fight the thoughts let them come x

Sarahjosephine
11-08-14, 12:28
Intrusive thoughts are all a part of anxiety and suffering from it. It can be managed with cognitive therapy, flooding etc...which seems hard at the start but really does ease it and helped me a lot. I still get them occasionally but try not to let them trigger anxiety or fear which is why we think of them more. Look after yourself and read up online as there is a lot of help, counselors are great at helping too. Take care x

little kyle
11-08-14, 18:37
Thanks for the help

seen docs today he gladly said i should not worry as the thoughts scare me and the chances i will act on them are nearly zero

Prospector
11-08-14, 21:44
What you've got to do is realize that you aren't having these thoughts because that is your intention; they are as you specified, intrusive. Everyone can have intrusive thoughts but you've attached an obsessive mindset to these thoughts. Once you drop the meaning behind these thoughts, they will stop being thought altogether.
Hope I helped

little kyle
12-08-14, 10:28
Thanks for replying people

I'm going to set myself some mile stones see what helps and see what does not all well being me saying it pen to paper I'm okay but in practice this will be hard