PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Health anxiety and chronic googler.

Laurabee1993
11-08-14, 12:23
Hey I'm 21 y/o female,
I suffer from health anxiety in a pretty bad way.
I've had it as long as I can remember however for the past 2 months or so it is beginning to take over my life. I can't sneeze without worrying I'm dying of something.
Some days I can tell myself I'm being irrational my friends and family all tell me the same. Even my doctor knows I'm crazy haha
Sometimes I can't force myself to go to the doctor for fear of the worst.
Tbh I want to get on with life and be happy and healthy.
I want to stop googling and I want friends who can understand where I'm coming from! So I joined here and hope to meet some lovely people so we can support each other.

Btw my health worry this morning is my tongue is the wrong colour. :s

AnxietyDJ
11-08-14, 14:35
Hey there, welcome to the site! :welcome:

There are a lot of people here who share the same issues (me included!) and will know exactly what you are going through. We're always here to chat and listen if you need us.

Hope you start to feel better soon :)

JoeGomez17
11-08-14, 18:36
Hello and welcome. I'm new here too. I just want to say that you're not alone with health anxiety, there are plenty of people here who can help put your mind at ease.

Most of us are not doctors, but our experience(s) can be close to your own.

I find that reading this page helps me when I'm health anxious:
nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/healthanxiety/

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

Oh, and don't freakin' google anything! I learned that lesson the very hard way.

Mark13
13-08-14, 12:18
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

By the way, don't consult Dr. Google :ohmy:

adrianv
13-08-14, 22:38
Hey, I can totally relate with what you are experiencing atm. Don't worry you will get bored of it and all the information accumulated will help you think more rational. take care

sarahh louisee
14-08-14, 21:54
Hey I'm the same I'm 21 also and just want to have a worry free life hope your ok I know how your feeling :+ xxx