PDA

View Full Version : It smacks u in the face

Leanne1977
11-08-14, 13:25
Why is it when u actually think your getting on top of it anxiety can slap u in the face . After having a really bad month or so last week I was sure I had turned a corner I was getting out more I was feeling pretty good then today for no reason just walking round b&q it smacks u in the face it's there again to try and knock you down !!!! IT SUCKS BIG TIME

Angelika
11-08-14, 14:27
Yep. I started a similar thread. It just grabs hold of you, full force, like someone slotted a cd into your head and off you go.

I think, all you can do is say, 'Ah, hello, there you are again. I know what this is. I know it won't go away overnight. This is a memory of fear, and that will make me frightened all over again.' Then just try and be kind to yourself and carry on with what you are doing.

I sympathise. It sucks bigtime.

Leanne1977
11-08-14, 15:00
What a great way of looking at it thank u , and I'm pleased I'm not alone with all of this x

jefferina
11-08-14, 19:27
That's so true I was only thinking the same thing today... I've felt ok then bam I feel anxious and down... I always think it's my body catching up with my mind... Hope you get back on track.. Your not alone xx

aprilmoon
11-08-14, 19:57
This is so true,but I'm learning now that going about your business regardless of these fluctuations, is the best way to deal with it.
It teaches your mind that its still ok,and that the more tranquil thoughts will always follow,sooner or later.:)