PDA

View Full Version : Is this just anxiety or something more?

Sammy1988
11-08-14, 16:14
Hi everyone,

I know none of us are doctors etc but I thought it would help to list how I feel & see if anyone can give me an insight of what's going on....

I always feel worse in the morning, huge adrenaline rush, don't feel like me & also family members seem off ?

Thought the day I will feel a mixture between these adrenalin rushes, then okay & just generally feeling weird, I also have times where I think I've gone crazy... I get sudden feeling of being boiling inside & have to run to the toilet. My head always feels like it's full inside & foggy, also upon looking in the mirror I don't feel it's me (but know it is)

I also get scary irrational thoughts which aren't nice at all.

I've only had all of this for a month or so, so it's pretty scary and new.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-) x

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Anyone lol?

Leanne1977
11-08-14, 16:36
Hi I'm no doctor but sounds like typical symptoms of anxiety to me but a trip to your gp would ease your mind xx

Sammy1988
11-08-14, 17:08
Thanks huni! X think I will x

Lyn89
11-08-14, 18:45
It is all anxiety, but I couldn't tell you what the mirror or people seeming off is-- could either be hypervigilance or some mild form of derealisation. Do you get panic attacks?

Sammy1988
11-08-14, 19:09
Hi Hun thanks for getting back to me :-) I've read it's a sign of deperaonalization fingers crossed I'm working towards getting rid of it x

Ruby13
11-08-14, 19:23
Thinking of you, hope your GP can help too.

Ollie28
11-08-14, 19:27
I can ralate to all of this - I've been like I am for 6 months nearly,
It's horrible! I've been told I have PTSD, depersonaliastion, hypvergilance, a mental breakdown, all I know is I went through some mega traumatic stress and ended up like this.

I'm Still struggling to figure a way out of it. I start pherapy on Thursday so see how it goes.

Look at my topics see if you can relate to any of my symptoms,

My scariest one is the feeling of not knowing what I'm doing like time has stopped still - symptom of DP I believe but so is everything else,

Sammy1988
11-08-14, 20:22
Hi ollie I've read your posts it seems like you do a hell of a lot of worrying! It sounds like anxiety/dp to me but I'm no doctor lol.. 4
I spoke to a doctor around a month ago who said it was anxiety with depersonalization & I'm referred for talk therapy x

honeyp1e
11-08-14, 21:12
@sammy1988 I can relate to all of these feelings I've had anxiety for well over 15years on/off an am only 32 next week :(

I've been good for a year n half but past few weeks it's come bk with a bang :(

Ange1
12-08-14, 08:04
I've had anxiety on and off for many many years and can relate to all of your symptoms. Mine always seems to start after a stressful situation or an illness but there are lots of complex reasons why anxiety can take hold. Lots of help out there and support on here. You realise you are not not going mad.....either that or we are all going mad together! lol :) Hope you are feeling a bit better today xxx