PDA

View Full Version : Feeling happier :)

Munchlet
11-08-14, 14:47
So after coming out of the doctors last week nearly in tears I today spoke to a lovely GP who has agreed that after nearly six weeks I need to come off of Clomipramine as they are obviously not agreeing with me.

She was so nice, said that whilst some side efffects will settle down because I have several it is unlikely they will all go away and with SSRI's and TCA's it is just a process of elimination to find one that provides the best relief of symptoms with the least amount of side effects.

So as of tomorrow I have to start escitalopram only 5 mg to start with and she wants to speak to me next week to see how I'm finding it.

She said hopefully these will work as a lot of her patients have reported relief of a whole array of symptoms from phobias to OCD and anxiety etc. So that's me starting a new one as of tomorrow.

I feel better for speaking to someone who didn't make me feel that I basically just have to lump the side effects!

It's amazing how much more positive you can feel just from speaking to a different doctor!

LittleMissMadge
11-08-14, 15:24
That's nice to hear,im lucky too as I have a very understanding GP xx

swgrl09
11-08-14, 18:13
I'm so glad you had a better experience today and actually were listened to!!!

Escitalopram was wonderful for me. I had a few start-up effects, but they didn't last more than 2-3 weeks. A couple lingered, but weren't noticeable really (sometimes constipated) and easily managed. It helped my depression and anxiety astronomically.

Munchlet
11-08-14, 18:24
Thanks for the replies, that's so good to hear swgrl09 will keep you posted. I said to the GP this morning I can handle side effects when they are manageable but not going to the toilet for days (sorry tmi) and constantly dripping with sweat is just urghhhhh!

Fingers crossed they will work for me as they did for you x

Fishmanpa
11-08-14, 18:28
Great to hear! :)

My daughter suffers from anxiety and was on Zoloft for a while. It stopped working for her and it took a couple of tries at different meds/dosage until they found one that worked. She's also going to therapy and it's helping tremendously. Everyone is different. Be patient, it'll work out fine.

Positive thoughts

JoeGomez17
11-08-14, 19:02
Good to hear! I'm in the process of dealing with my health anxiety. Starting to post here is one of the things I'm doing. Your success helps others, thanks for sharing.