PDA

View Full Version : Battery blew up in my car and I'm worried

Konstant
11-08-14, 20:08
So I had this little battery that went to some little toy in my car. It was there for months and i should have moved it, but I'm very lazy..

It blew up in my center console and was leaking all over the place. I cleaned it up, but I don't believe that I seriously cleaned it all.

I wiped it down numerous times, poured vinegar on it, used windex, everything! My concern is that I'm breathing in battery acid since it blew up. It's been months and I'm still worried. i commute a lot in my car and it freaks me out..

any help?

Andyreww
11-08-14, 20:23
Have you experienced any symptoms?

shakey1961
11-08-14, 20:41
If you've had a battery in your car for ages, it's likely to have been leaking, so you could have been driving around for a long time with it leaking and possibly breathing in fumes, so you're still here and you're not ill.

If you can afford it why not get you car professionally cleaned, tell them about the battery incident and they will clean it up properly.

You'll be fine.

Konstant
11-08-14, 21:04
I guess my best bet is to have them clean it.

I don't know what the symptoms would be? i'm more concerned about long term issues?

Fishmanpa
11-08-14, 22:08
I would be more concerned with the long term effects of things many people do like (Not saying you do these) smoking, drinking, eating poorly, drug use etc. than a toy car battery that leaked a few months ago.

Positive thoughts