PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate worries and feel unwell

Chloe34517
11-08-14, 22:27
Worried that I have something wrong because of my heart rate. Around 2/3 months ago I had some tests done on my heart as I'd noticed my heart rate was high and I was getting bad palpitations etc. I had 2 ECG's, a 48 hour holter monitor and an echocardiogram. The results came back that I had slight tachycardia probably due to adrenalin and my heart rate had gone to 160 one day, but was mostly averaging at around 90 at rest. The doctor said at night when I slept it went right down so that was apparently reassuring. However, I've noticed lately that my heart rate is really low at rest, for me anyway. It's around 55 to 60 and about 70 when I've just eaten. Right now it's gone up again for no reason and is 73. When I lay down it goes to about 52. Is this normal? I'm just wondering if I could have some kind of tachy brady syndrome? Im only 19 but I am overweight and very unfit. I'm worried that the cardiologist has missed this as my pulse was just high at the time, not low too. I'm exhausted all the time and often feel weak, faint and nauseous which nobody will believe me is not just down to anxiety. I'll go to the doctor about it when I can but it takes forever to get an appointment because it's not seen as an emergency.

Female healthanxiety
11-08-14, 22:49
Hi Chloe,

Hope your ok.

I have been on this site for a year now, and I've seen that the heart is the most common concern for many members!

You've had all of the tests (as I did 3 months ago) and you were fine hun. If you was to have the same tests again today you would still be fine.

Your heart rates now are great! Mine are always fast, my holter 3 months ago my heart rate in the day was between 100-150, when I slept 60, and I had about 9 ectopics during the 24hrs - but was given the all clear.

I know you feel fine when you had the results, but it appears that the health anxiety is creeping back! Dalm monster!!!

A low heart rate is healthy!!!! Don't let your anxiety ruin your rate with all the adrenaline and worry.

Cardiologists DO NOT miss things. Just to reassure you the tests results are computerised and show abnormalities and then the cardiologist looks at them.... I have never heard of a cardiologist getting it wrong ever! It's rather impossible.

You are exhausted because your mind is on overtime; I'm going through a bout of heart anxiety with a holiday booked for next week and my anxiety is horrid, so tired I even fell asleep for a few hours earlier which is unlike me but it's the anxiety.

Keep telling yourself there is nothing wrong it is just anxiety.

Take some time out to do some relaxation and breathing even if you don't feel like doing it your body will soon get used to it

Xx

kimkitson77
11-08-14, 23:53
Have you ever heard of POTs? I was misdiagnosed as having anxiety and depreasion for many years. Its actually a symptom of POTs. You should look it up x

Fishmanpa
12-08-14, 00:32
2 ECGs, a 48 hour holter monitor and an electrocardiogram would have picked up something abnormal. A normal resting heart rate for a young woman your age can vary between the low 50's to the low 80's depending on fitness level. A resting heartbeat in the 50's is actually excellent!

Our hearts can vary anyway depending on what we're doing. From what you posted, it sounds pretty normal and you're not displaying other obvious symptoms of POTS (as suggested) so I wouldn't get fixated on that either.

The symptoms you describe coincide with anxiety and a sedentary lifestyle.

Positive thoughts

JoeGomez17
12-08-14, 01:36
Chloe don't worry. I had similar feelings and for a while I was constantly checking my pulse looking for spikes and whatever. Never found them. Had multiple EKGs.

Heartrates are different for everyone. Me, for example, I'm around 55 when sleeping, 60s/70s when idling on the couch, more after I've eaten.

Don't do what I did and pay too much attention to your heartrate. It varies for a variety of reasons, and everyones does.