PDA

View Full Version : Heavy head/woozy feeling after road trip?

Leslie735
11-08-14, 23:43
This isn't my first go around with this. It happened after riding Dumbo at Disney back in early 2012, lasted about a week, then again in late 2012 after an airline flight, lasted about 3 weeks. Both those times I had a cold/sinus infection so I chalked it up to fluid being pushed into my middle ear. This time though, no cold or sinus infection.

My family and I went camping this over the weekend. We left Saturday afternoon. The road trip wasn't even 2 hours, nothing I"m not use to. I started feeling "dizzy" after we arrived. I ignored it. We arrived home yesterday and it's worse. I feel like I'm floating on a raft in the water. My head feels heavy and woozy and I"m fatigued. I took some allergy medication thinking maybe that was it but it hasn't helped. I'm scared! I read about a condition called Mdds, basically saying this could last the rest of my life HELP!!!!

Leslie735
12-08-14, 07:00
Anyone?

Leslie735
13-08-14, 18:41
Anyone???

I went to see my GP yesterday and he suspected ETD (Eustachian tube dysfunction) he referred me to an ENT, which I'm seeing tomorrow.

Fishmanpa
13-08-14, 18:52
The ENT is the best way to find out what's going on as no one can diagnose here. Inner ear issues definitely can cause the symptoms you're feeling.

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
14-08-14, 03:29
The ENT is the best way to find out what's going on as no one can diagnose here. Inner ear issues definitely can cause the symptoms you're feeling.

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Thank you!!