PDA

View Full Version : Appendicitis worry with symptom

Raaawr
12-08-14, 01:41
Hi guys,

I have been reading alot of posts about other people worrying about appendicitis and I guess I just need a personal response before I can feel ok.

Since I woke up this morning, which was 16 hours ago, I have been having a weird pain in the lower right quadrant of my abdomen. I dont know how to describe it, its sort of like a pressure dull pain.

I have passed gas today, I passed gas literally 15 minutes ago, I have also pooped and my urination is all normal. But the feeling persists. It doesnt seem to get worse with movements, it just seems to be constant and sometimes moves around the quadrant of the abdomen muscle but it hasnt deviated from there yet. Doesnt hurt when I press on it, move my legs or do anything really it just seems to stay the same.

Ive eaten twice today without issues. I feel nauseous now but I think that could well just be because Im anxious and afraid.

Ive never experienced this feeling before so it has me quite worried. The logical part of me is saying its just a muscle pain but I dont know how I could have injured the muscle as I did nothing streneous yesterday so my mind is instantly thinking appendicitis.

What am I missing here?

AnxietyDJ
12-08-14, 02:00
As far as I am aware, if you had appendicitis, you would know about it and wouldn't be able to come online and type out that post! From what I've heard and read, it can be really excruciating and is something that cannot go untreated (i.e. you can't ignore it cos it hurts so bad!).

I am obviously not a medical professional though, so if the problem persists you should go to see a doctor and get checked out :)

Frank TJ
12-08-14, 08:49
Hi there, I have had appendicitis and had to have my appendix removed. I was very close to it bursting and causing me some serious problems, but luckily I had surgery just in time.

Trust me, if you had appendicitis that needed immediate medical attention you would know about it! You definitely wouldn’t be typing about it on a computer!

The pain comes in waves, and is pretty damn painful! It would be excruciating for a minute and then ease up for 5-10 mins. Told my wife that it’s the closest I will get to pregnancy contractions, having just given birth to our first child, she wasn’t impressed! Haha

You would also have vomiting and flu like symptoms to accompany that pain. Sounds like you just have some abdominal muscle aggravation to me!