PDA

View Full Version : Emotional and feel like I have HA so bad at the moment - crying all day and no work

Female healthanxiety
12-08-14, 15:01
Me again.... Sorry if I've been posting a lot this week, I have not had HA this bad in a long time.

Since last Thursday I have been feeling very dizzy and unable to walk without feeling like I'm gonna pass out, that cross eyed/heavy feeling.

I have been panicking since last Thursday, and got back from a short UK holiday on Saturday.

I did not go in work yesterday or today which I should have as have the dreaded holiday to Cyprus this Saturday.

I feel hopeless with the fact that I have only been at my job for 2 months and am on probation, so feel I'm going to get the sac tomorrow :-(

As you may know, my other half and me are not getting on and I had hidden my health anxiety from him for the last 3 years. I haven't done this on purpose, it's just I can go through a year and be fine.

Since Thursday I have also had, on the right hand side, a full heavy head, which does into the back of my eye, and cheek. Have tried nurofen but had not worked. I have also rested a lot as I was away.

My ultimate health anxiety of my heart has come back as I keep getting this numbers felling in my left arm and hand, where I'm anxious.

I just feel like I want to go bed and just wake up and be fine.

I plucked up the courage and phoned the DRS today and they said my DR was not available, and I cannot believe I actually made an appt with a DR I have never seen before. She was nice and I explained to her that I do not want my blood pressure taken by her as I was not comfortable, she seemed to understand.

She checked my chest, eyes, ears, temperature, and some visual tests and said that I need to stop worrying. I explained everything to her and she advised CBT; to which I told her I went through the whole self Referal thing they do now and was declined it as I worked unless I paid, which I could not afford. She told me to try the same channel again.

She did advise if the headaches get worse then to come back before the holiday on Saturday.

She gave me nothing :-(

As I was actually out I went to the local
Chemist to get some deep heat (I would really try anything now) just to see whether that would hinder the heaviness, and I felt so faint, I would normally ignore this and not pay attention to it, but it's completely impossible.

I am now at home and still feel the same.

I'm honking to cancel the holiday as I really can't do this, even standing I feel dizzy and sick :-(

She did say that there are lots of viruses going round but there's nothing that could be prescribed for that.

Primula
12-08-14, 15:12
Really feel for you. I'm sure there is nothing seriously wrong. You probably do have a bug, and your anxiety is making it feel worse.

I'm going through a similar thing myself. I feel rundown and achy, and this is making all my usual aches and pains feel worse. I find it helps if I write everything down, and question my beliefs.

Have you tried one on the online CBT courses? This is a good one http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=53

and this http://ct-online-info.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fct-online-info.com%2F&reauth=1. They are both free and very helpful.

I know you don't want to go on hols, but try to go, don't let anxiety stop you doing the things you would normally do.

Female healthanxiety
12-08-14, 15:20
Hello Primula,

Thank you so much for replying. I hope it is just a bug, even know I can feel my head pulling at my face (if that makes sense). HA dose not normally give me headaches and I feel so out of control as no medicine is working, which is making me think whatever is going on with my head area is contributing to my dizziness - can't be good.

Am sorry to hear your going through something similar, I feel for you too.
I wonder if my massage made me hyper sensitive?! Don't think the chop and change of weather helps much to be honest. That's a very good idea, do you write down your symptoms and then put the probability or something?

I just logged onto the NMP CBT course as I for the password and there seems to be no files a valuable for me unlike last time.

I will check out the other link now - thank you so much for this.

I hope we start to feel ourselves again...x

I don't want to go No! I'm finding the whole thing not worth it!

Primula
12-08-14, 15:52
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/anxiety-files/201009/are-you-hypochondriac

This is another good link. Yes I write down, all my thoughts, and challenge them with more balanced thoughts.

JoeGomez17
12-08-14, 20:39
I know how you feel. When my HA is bad, meaning I've had to leave or stop doing something I enjoy, I always break down, and usually cry.

What has helped me, is trying to take a productive look back at the time I spent crying or being anxious -- nothing bad happened, and all I did was lose time.

I don't know about you but my time is important to me, so this helps me reduce the amount of time I spend in that sad state.

Now, sometimes anyway, if I get anxious I tend to spend less time worrying about it. Less time worrying about it means it will happen less, because our dumb bodies are just that way.

Female healthanxiety
14-08-14, 10:27
Thank you JoeGomez xx

Primula
14-08-14, 10:32
How are you feeling now? Are you going to Cyprus?

Female healthanxiety
14-08-14, 11:02
Really don't know what to do! xxxx