PDA

View Full Version : Skin Cancer.

lb76696
12-08-14, 22:02
I am an extremely pale, blonde, blue eyed, freckled person, so am very prone to sunburn. This Summer I don't seem to have been able to avoid it. I use factor 50 but have had a burnt back, neck and shoulders for about 2 months, no break. I just keep getting re-burnt when it heals. I've just found a scab in the shape of a small line with a red spot circle around it. I don't know if skin cancer look likes this, but I'm scared. Does it sound like it could be?
Here's a picture but it's hard to see. http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p788/lolbaba2/image7_zpsd5d9fcb8.jpeg

MRS STRESS ED
12-08-14, 22:53
Now im no expert but that looks more like a small scratch it doesnt look like anything to worry about you need to ask yourself how long have you had it and if it heals if you are worried go see your GP but im sure its nothing xx

swanick15
13-08-14, 01:56
As MRS STRESS ED said make sure you know how long it has been there, give it a short while and see if it heals if not then see the GP as soon as possible. If you are worried about skin cancer still then at least remember this, melanoma is the skin cancer you need to worry about BCC and SCC are easily cured by removal (99%). This is not a melanoma so monitor it for several says and look for signs of healing if not, your GP!

lb76696
13-08-14, 08:52
As MRS STRESS ED said make sure you know how long it has been there, give it a short while and see if it heals if not then see the GP as soon as possible. If you are worried about skin cancer still then at least remember this, melanoma is the skin cancer you need to worry about BCC and SCC are easily cured by removal (99%). This is not a melanoma so monitor it for several says and look for signs of healing if not, your GP!

How do you know it's not a melanoma?

Wuboo
13-08-14, 11:55
I'm having a mole thing off today but the said it was just a mole, but you know us HA suffers!

Firstly. DO NOT GOOGLE IT or you'll end up with all sorts of skin conditions. The colour is different, yours is quite red and one colour and not multiple such as brown, black, red, blue.

It's a good idea to see your GP and will put your mind at rest.

lb76696
14-08-14, 14:11
I was scratching my shoulder and the scab I think is skin cancer has come off and is bleeding. I'm worried now. Will this make it worse?

swanick15
14-08-14, 16:10
If its just a normal scab which it most likely will be, it might just take longer to heal

lb76696
18-08-14, 14:44
I'm scared. I just saw a melanoma picture where it was a huge yellow scab surrounding by red. This is what mine is like. Why does it have red round it? Do most scabs?

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Here it is now, followed by a picture of what is apparently melanoma. It looks like a smaller version of that.
http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p788/lolbaba2/image_zps0dd3770a.jpg
http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p788/lolbaba2/image_zps8edf78e2.jpg

Jonesle
18-08-14, 18:12
It had red around it because it looks like it's been picked and a slight infection. Redness, heat and swelling are your bodies natural defences to eradicate infection xxx