PDA

View Full Version : cant control my tummy

bubblestar
14-08-04, 16:52
hello everyone,
im new here and just need some help.
has any1 else suffered with panic and anxiety to the state that even thinking bout maybe going out or thinking bout a past situation that caused anxiety,which i try not to do,makes you desperatly need the toilet. and im not talking about a dash for a wee [:I]

ive been suffering for 7 years but up until now my symptoms have been more of sweating and hyperventilating and dizziness. nausea and tingly fingers.. now i cant stay away from the loo. its like my bowel has taken over every symptom when i panic

its been happening a month now, every morning when i get up i have to go to the toilet and its pretty nasty. then i get spasm cramps really low in my tummy all day and feel like i gotta go all the time. if ive got to go out they get worse so its making me stay in incase i need the toilet quickly. My panic had been improving but this is putting me back because i dont wanna go anywhere cos of my upset tummy.

ive seen my doctor and ive been given peppermint oil capsules and colofac to take before eating.they arnt helping. but weather ive eaten or not its being in or even thinking bout being in a situation that makes me anxious that sets of a spasm and a need for the loo

why is this happening and how can i get it to stop??

please help
x

tara
14-08-04, 17:36
Hi, i'm Tara, I know that anxiety can have it's own side effects and show itself in many different ways. What your experiencing is a side effect of the anxiety and I have spoken to people on the site who experience this, i'm sure they can give you some good advice. Take Care Tara x

Meg
14-08-04, 18:20
Irritable Bowel Syndrome is verz common with anxietz as is just generallz needing to be close to a loo.

Meditation is extremelz helpful as is changing zour diet .
I will send zou some good links when I get back to the UK.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

Caz Fab Pants
14-08-04, 18:44
Your not alone on this one as I suffer in the same way and have done for years to varying degree's. It seems to come and go but in general it doesn't take alot to make me need the loo.

I've been told I have IBS but I'm convinced its just a side effect of the adrenalin that my body produces when I get anxious or panicky.

Sorry I dont have a miracle cure although I have been given a couple of different things to help with the spasms which got quite painful a short while ago. One was Mebeverine tablets and cant remember the other ones without looking so I'll have to get back to you.

Caroline :)
x

seh1980
14-08-04, 22:27
Try eating a lot of eggs - they help me!!
Also, there's a drink called Actimel. Have one every morning and you will notice a difference.

sal
14-08-04, 23:08
Hi

It is a problem that does occur with anxiety. I know when i have really bad days i cant keep out of the bathroom. Like Sarah says i do drink actimel every morning and it has helped loads.

Worth a try. Hope you benefit from it.

Love Sal xxxxx

hamer73
17-12-04, 14:23
Hi there...
I know that this post is quite old now, but I've only just recently started having stomach cramps and the need of feeling that I need the toilet. I think my symptoms are that of Depression (even though I don't feel depressed about anything), which leads to Anxiety. I'm not so worried anymore about the panic attacks. I just have a very unsettled feeling in my stomach, almost like a worrying kind of feeling.
I will buy some Vit B & C complex, and Actimel and see if they work...

Hope that you are feeling better now.

malificent
27-12-04, 21:31
Hi,

I have the same symptoms. Whenever i go out now, when i'm feeling brave, i need to know that there's a toilet near in case i get caught short! I'm gonna try the actimel, anything for a cure!

Thanks
Lucy
xxx

jonbaker
15-01-05, 23:55
i have suffered with panic attacks since i was 19 but now i'm 31 i can control myself and i no longer get them, only in extreme circumstances like a job interview. I think the cause was mainly down to confidence.

My main problem now is similar to those who posted above in that i fear of being caught short! if i'm on the train and it gets stuck in a tunnel i immedietly think - what if i'm stuck here for ages and i need the loo - which then makes me worry which then makes me need the loo, so i am infact causing my own fear! if i go on long car journeys or go somewhere new i worry if there will be a loo nearby, or even worry that i'll find a loo and there will be no toilet paper!! hahaha i'm making myself laugh now. I know my symptoms and why they are being caused but still cant control it fully... any ideas?? drinking alchohol usualy helps calm me down and always instantly releives an anxiety attack but that is no way to live your life!

sorry for the long post, but i thought this topic covered my problem the most, hope the rest of you aren't suffering too much....

Meg
16-01-05, 00:03
Hi Jon, thanks for stopping by and adding on to this one.

Do go to the introductions section and share about yourself a bit more .

Sounds like you've done well with your confidence and PA's so congrats.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

mico
16-01-05, 00:33
Hi

I get this too, although first seven years or so of anxiety it never happened once. Then about a year ago I started getting the stomach cramps, gurgling stomach, and the dreaded 'oh oh, i need to go...right now!!', accompanied with said cramps. It isn't very nice, and not very convenient at all! Also with me it usually happens on a morning, and as like everyone has said, it doesn't help when you go out. Rush hour traffic on a morning isn't a welcoming thought when you suffer from this.

When it first came on, it lasted mostly for about a month. After that, I never really got the extreme symptoms every morning - mostly just the gurgling stomach and the odd cramps now and again. Although every so often it does rear it's ugly head - no pun intended [:I] - but only on rare occasions, probably when i'm most anxious.

Like everyone else though, I would still be very interested in hearing about any effective ways of dealing with it.

mico

jonbaker
16-01-05, 01:20
mico,

yeah, mornings with me too. I insist on sitting on the bog just before i go out, just in case i need to go when i know i probably dont just to set my mind at some ease that i will make it to work without needing the loo, then when i get to work i know theres a toilet so i dont worry and therefore dont ever get it there until it's time to leave then i do the same again!! it does make me laugh talking about it but it is a bummer!! hahah if you dont laugh you'll only panic! ;):D

kate
16-01-05, 11:34
Hi all,

Yes, I get this too!!! [:I]

Kate x