PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Angelic
13-08-14, 00:29
My name is Angelica and I am 43 years old. I have health anxiety and have had panic attacks (though rare) over the years. I have a lot going in lately, and my health anxiety is kicking in. I am here for support because I really need it right now. I'm on no medications for anxiety or anything else. As far as I know, IBS is the only health problem I have. Unfortunately, I have nearly self-diagnosed myself with MS. UGH. I hate feeling this way. I've had nearly every form of cancer known to man and survived, lol. Now I guess I'm moving into more interesting stuff (MS).

JoeGomez17
13-08-14, 04:02
Good Evening Angelica (nice to see a fellow US person!)

I hear ya. Just today in fact, I started reading MS symptoms and began to become anxious. It's a sickening feeling.

Know that you are not alone. At all. This is a great place for support.

Check this thread for information on anxiety and feeling like you might have MS:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42556

Angelic
13-08-14, 05:28
Thank you for that link. I just read that entire post and was very reassured. If I had googled MS, I would have known I had nothing to worry about, but usually, Dr. Google diagnoses me with some horrid, fatal disease. While I do feel much better (less anxious), I still don't like this jelly leg feeling I have. I am under stress. I've been determined to handle it, but it guess I'm not doing such a good job, even if I do appear fine and dandy in everyone else's eyes. Isn't it odd how we can sometimes convince ourselves that we are doing fine when we are anything BUT fine?

I hate anxiety. It can be so draining emotionally and mentally. It's such a viscous cycle.