PDA

View Full Version : Eye lid twitch for almost a week

Anonybrit
13-08-14, 09:37
I had a nervous breakdown on wednesday and am still suffering high anxiety. Since then I have had and one and off twitch in my left eyelid. The normal kind you get from time to time only this one has come and gone over the last 7 days, and I've had it now since 11pm last night.

Is that normal?

choliver
13-08-14, 11:11
when we are at our most stressed/ anxious the eyelid twitch is one of our releases. Once you become less stressed I would guess it will go. I have had this a few times and the more you think about it the more you notice it. once the stress levels equal out it will go.

Choliver

Jacsta
13-08-14, 11:21
When I am stressed my left eyelid drives me crazy with twitching.

Serenity1990
13-08-14, 11:22
Completely normal. Many people I know get this when stressed and/or tired. :)

puzzledlass
13-08-14, 11:56
I get this too!

swanick15
13-08-14, 13:04
just thinking about it or someone else mentioning it in front of me means that I will immediately start twitching for a long time, so ignore it and it will pass completely normal just an involuntary reflex

Anonybrit
13-08-14, 14:55
Thanks guys, I know it's common I just never had it for so long before, it's at almost 24h solid now! But as usual.. Stress is the most likely cause!

I've been having twitches all over when stressed for a few months now, mainly in my calves, but nowhere in more annoying than eyelids, especially when trying to sleep...

Carnation
13-08-14, 18:34
I had this too Anonybrit. (Very annoying). I had mine in the left eye and it did go away. It happened when my stress levels were extremely high and it can also happen when you are very tired.

Anonybrit
13-08-14, 19:16
I had this too Anonybrit. (Very annoying). I had mine in the left eye and it did go away. It happened when my stress levels were extremely high and it can also happen when you are very tired.

I am both!

Thanks for the reassurance guys.

RaverNeko
13-08-14, 19:36
There's a lot of replies on this thread already, but I figured that I would add my own. My eyelid was twitching for about three weeks, and it really sucked. It wouldn't stop and it was just adding fuel to the fires of anxiety. Eventually it stopped and I attributed it to being anxiety, especially considering I was freaking out at that time about whatever ailment was plaguing my body at the time.

It's normal though. It can make you nervous, but I assure you that you'll be fine!

Anonybrit
13-08-14, 20:20
I feel like even thinking about it seems to trigger it, either that or it's always there, because whenever I think "has it gone yet?" Bam, there it is.

Makes a nice mix with slowly improving brain fog from severe anxiety for a recipe for health paranoia.

Kirbear4
13-08-14, 21:48
I had a twitch/pulling in my lip for about 4 months, it stopped as sudden as it appeared xx

Anonybrit
13-08-14, 23:37
Ugh, it's actually getting worse, I'm trying to sleep right now and it's just twitching like mad at a million miles an hour and keeping me awake :( I've probably been paying too much attention to it.

JoeGomez17
13-08-14, 23:41
I had the same exact thing. When I was at my most anxious, my right eye would twitch like mad. All the dang time. Once I started sleeping better and my overall anxiety level went down, the twitching stopped.

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

And just thinking about it -- its doing it again :) Haha. It will pass.

Anonybrit
15-08-14, 15:43
5th consecutive day now, sticking a little plastic over the edge of my eye when I sleep to stop it keeping me awake :( it's so annoying..

JoeGomez17
15-08-14, 16:16
Yeah its lame, but benign. At my most anxious I had it daily. Italso seemed like when I didn't get enough sleep I would get these eyelid twitches too.

Taffy
18-08-14, 20:22
I had a eye twitch that lasted for 3 months! It went away as quick as it came but I sent my anxiety sky high!

Dolphin8808
19-08-14, 13:23
I went for months with an eyelid twitch! Its something that is rather common for those of us with stress and high anxiety.

Emphyrio
19-08-14, 15:20
My anxiety levels have been high recently and I've had the twitch in my right eye.

I'm also experiencing other delightful physical symptoms such as jaw clenching, painful limbs, muscle tension and cold extremities, but in my case some of these side effects may be related to antidepressant withdrawal.

KeeKee
19-08-14, 18:35
I get this too, also in my calves and occasionally thighs and bum. I know how stressful it can become especially when you feel you weren't anxious to begin with. My partner is neither anxious nor tired and even he gets this occasionAlly.