PDA

View Full Version : Visiting doctor today-terrified!:(

Mark801
13-08-14, 18:10
Hello everyone,

So today I'm visiting the doctor for a physical after almost two years of not going.

The company I work for requires that all employees go for a routine check up often so I have to go.

Thing is that I've been living a little wild life and I'm scared to go now because I'm scared of the results.

Does anyone here have this type of fear? I almost don't even want to go, however I'm also due for a vacation at the end of the month so I wanna go and get the results before I go.

Last time I went to the doc, my liver enzymes were elevated and they never found out why(my liver/abdominal scan came back clear).

So I'm really terrified and I'm shaking here so if there's anyone that can offer any peace of mind I'd really appreciate it, thanks. :weep:

swgrl09
13-08-14, 18:16
I always get nervous before my physicals. A few years ago I had my first one in 5 years and was terrified. Now I am a little more used to them. It's really not much different than a regular doctors appointment except sometimes they do some routine bloodwork. The bloodwork freaks me out!

But honestly, once I get through it, I usually feel a lot better about my overall health so it's been helpful to my HA in the long run.

I'm sure everything will go smoothly!

Mark801
13-08-14, 20:44
Thank you for your reply.

I just got back and I almost fainted :weep:

The nurse decided to take blood from my left hand instead of the normal right and my blood was coming out slow and being that I had not eaten, I started to see black and feel faint.

She had to stop and one nurse rushed and gave me water and cake and after 2 minutes I felt better to continue the blood work on the right hand.

I just wanted to ask if anyone ever had a hard time with blood coming out slow. Finding the vein was fine but the blood from my left had was coming out slow.

Does this mean I have a disease? Please can someone reply.

swgrl09
13-08-14, 20:51
I had almost the same thing happen to me when I had blood drawn. I was dehydrated, hadn't drank enough that day, and it just was not coming out at all. I almost passed out and, like you, rushed away to get cold water and a cold compress for my head. Finally they got it going with a more experienced nurse.

I think it's normal, maybe you just didn't have enough water yet today.

Mark801
13-08-14, 21:03
Thanks for your response. From now on, I'm going to make sure I tell them right hand only. But yeah it was bad. The good thing is that it's over and now its the dreaded wait for results.