PDA

View Full Version : Job application anxiety regret worry

Darren1
13-08-14, 20:43
Hello

Not been here for a while, this anxiety episode has caught me out of the blue.

It has happened before but basically, I get unhappy at work, build myself up into applying for a new job and then get struck with severe anxiety attack hoping they don't call me for an interview.

All sorts of reasons , not sure if I want the job, worried about making up excuses about getting time off for an interview etc.

I applied for a job today and now terrified they are gonna ask me for an interview.

Is it anxiety or am I applying for jobs too easily?

Anyone else get this?

Think I'm gonna need a Valium tomorrow after this.

Fishmanpa
13-08-14, 21:34
So?... if they call and you don't want to go, tell them no thank you. Problem solved but you've burned the bridge for future consideration.

Positive thoughts

Oosh
13-08-14, 21:35
Maybe you really are unhappy at work but, like the rest of us, when it comes to it you end up dreading the change and all the new hassle you've brought into your life.

It makes sense to want a change from an unhappy job.
And also makes sense to then dread the unknown, change and interviews etc

I say if you're unhappy, keep your focus on that you're unhappy and attend these interviews simply to find out more about the new job. Hopefully when there at an interview you will eventually think "woo I really want this new job. It sounds right up my street"

On the other hand if it doesn't sound good to you at the interview you can leave it there. You're just getting interviews and taking a look that's all.

Darren1
14-08-14, 12:06
So?... if they call and you don't want to go, tell them no thank you. Problem solved but you've burned the bridge for future consideration.

Positive thoughts

I think that is part of the anxiety - burning the bridge for future

they havent phoned yet so presume i am unsuccessful anyway

Darren1
28-03-15, 16:43
This has cropped up again. I ended up getting the job above and accepted it. 5 months on I don't like it and ive applied for two more jobs and been asked for interview. I am having severe anxiety again and wishing I hadn't applied.

I'm having extreme thought of cancelling the interviews and I know it will burn the bridges.

Why do I get this cold feet. It is definitely a risk switching jobs again so soon and what if I end up getting sacked at the new place?