PDA

View Full Version : Need someone to talk too. Can't stop panicking.

little.miss.worry
13-08-14, 21:14
Hey, I posted last night because I had a UTI back in June and had symptoms since but now they're as bad as they were in June and I'm in so much pain and now my abdomen hurts so much and i'm so scared and I keep having panic attacks because I don't want another one because they're horrid and it sounds stupid but i'm convinced I won't make it until the morning. (Going the doctors) I only have one kidney so I don't want that to get infected and that's why I work myself up. I just want to be reassured because i'm so worried and don't know what do with myself because of the pain. I'm also scared to go to sleep just in case I end up dying or something. I feel so pathetic but I just want to curl up in a ball and cry and just be okay and it seems like I can't be anymore..

LadyH
14-08-14, 09:42
Hello!
I have been where you are- UTI's are the most horrible thing!! You feel a twinge of sensation of one and your heart just sinks, like nooooooo!!!!! Cos you know there will be no relief until you can get those antibiotics in you to start working.

It's not stupid, UTI's and awful thing, and when you're suffering with one there's no comfort & nothing you can do. They Suck!!!!

I hope you're feeling better today and manage to get some antibiotics ASAP!
xx

little.miss.worry
14-08-14, 19:19
Hello!
I have been where you are- UTI's are the most horrible thing!! You feel a twinge of sensation of one and your heart just sinks, like nooooooo!!!!! Cos you know there will be no relief until you can get those antibiotics in you to start working.

It's not stupid, UTI's and awful thing, and when you're suffering with one there's no comfort & nothing you can do. They Suck!!!!

I hope you're feeling better today and manage to get some antibiotics ASAP!
xx

Well.. I had a dip test and no infection showed up and I asked if all of this could be my anxiety and the doctor told me that it could well be. Because, when you feel the slightest thing, as an anxiety suffer you make it into something big and it escalates so.. she advised me to go to counselling :( xxx

Fishmanpa
14-08-14, 19:36
Well.. I had a dip test and no infection showed up and I asked if all of this could be my anxiety and the doctor told me that it could well be. Because, when you feel the slightest thing, as an anxiety suffer you make it into something big and it escalates so.. she advised me to go to counselling :( xxx

That's the thing... when medical professionals can't find a physical reason for your distress, it leaves only one thing.

Positive thoughts

LadyH
14-08-14, 19:53
Hi Little Miss worry!

I totally agree with your Dr!
It happens to me still- because there was so much worry and anxiety and panic around UTI's, now what happens when your super stressed or anxious (even if you don't realise you are), you get like an "attack" of that pain & discomfort that comes on, it happens to me. And all of a sudden it goes away for no reason.

It's really hard to believe that your brain is making you feel those intense feelings, it's so hard to believe but it is true.

Big hugs
x

little.miss.worry
14-08-14, 20:42
That's the thing... when medical professionals can't find a physical reason for your distress, it leaves only one thing.

Positive thoughts

That's a very good point! :) I'm trying to think positive things and keep my mind occupied :)

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

Hi Little Miss worry!

I totally agree with your Dr!
It happens to me still- because there was so much worry and anxiety and panic around UTI's, now what happens when your super stressed or anxious (even if you don't realise you are), you get like an "attack" of that pain & discomfort that comes on, it happens to me. And all of a sudden it goes away for no reason.

It's really hard to believe that your brain is making you feel those intense feelings, it's so hard to believe but it is true.

Big hugs
x

Hello LadyH :) It's such a horrible cycle isn't it. I just don't understand, how can anxiety cause me this much pain. It's driving me insane because you think one thing then it leads to another thought and it's just always going around in my head. Like you said we don't realise we're doing it and it's so frustrating. What happened was the day before the came back much worse, I thought "oh, I haven't had the pain in a while" and the whole day I worried for no reason and the pain came back :( but of course, I thought it was another UTI and freaked out when I should have stayed calm :(

thank you! :) x