PDA

View Full Version : Headache that only comes when you stand up

CodyyGagaa
14-08-14, 00:33
Hi there! I just want to start by saying that I am really ****ing sick of this health anxiety shit. Why don't I get to live a normal life like anyone else? I've never done drugs or anything wrong in my life? Why should I have to suffer with this mother ****ing shit? First it was breast cancer, then heart attack, then a stroke, then it was appendicitis, and now it's a brain tumor or something.

Well, basically, I've had this headache since last Thursday (today is Wednesday) but it only comes around when I stand up. I get the pain in my shoulder and in my neck and it's really concerning. Like, the pain only appears on the right side of my head. It helps when I take extra strength Tylenol, but then the pain comes back after 6 hours, but the pain really seems to be there when I'm thinking about it... like right now. The side of my face seems a little weird, but just the upper half. It's not numb or anything. I feel the pain mostly on the back of my neck and yeah.
The pain only comes when I stand up, or I reach to put my hand in my pocket. I feel it in my shoulder. The pain feels like a combination of pressure and stiffness. I cannot determine what it is.
I want to say it's a pulled muscle... and telling myself that has kept me calm for the last few days, but as I think about it now... I've never had a pulled muscle last this long so I'm really nervous now. It's been 7 days. Like what is going on.
I started feeling the pain when I was in the shower one day, singing. I got out and it hurt my head to take a deep breath. Even now, it sometimes hurts to take a deep breath... but especially after I get out of the shower. And when I get this deep breath pain, it only appears in my head.
What could this be? I'm so nervous.
I can think normally and do everything normally. It's just when I stand up.

nomorepanic
14-08-14, 12:12
Maybe something to do with your blood pressure but you need to see a doctor to discuss that as I am just guessing

Fishmanpa
14-08-14, 13:05
As Nic says, see your doctor about it. There's a common physiological response called orthostatic hypotension that could have something to do with it. It happens when you stand up from a seated or crouched position. There's a momentary blood pressure drop that causes dizziness or a head rush to occur. It can cause a headache as well. While it's common and not sinister in itself, since it's related to blood pressure, having a doctor check it out is prudent.

Positive thoughts