PDA

View Full Version : scary images in myhead when im trying to get to sleep?

Bexx1
14-08-14, 01:04
hi all
I have had this problem for a while now and its causing me a lot of discomfort. basically whenever i go to bed and sometomes in the day i will start picturing horrible images or video clips like a horror movie. Its not very nice and brings back my classic im going mad fear even though really I know its just anxiety creating scary thoughts. Does anyone have any tips? thank you x

Koalabear1992
14-08-14, 01:14
Dude I get these all the time. I just shake my head. Sometimes I gotta force myself to think of something pretty, like giant daisies or something. Mine come cause I've seen lots a sick stuff. Images get burned in your brain. Just meditate on good things, roll over and hug your pillow or make some yummy tea. I also cope with it by thinking of beautiful memories. Hope this helped. God bless. ♥

Bexx1
14-08-14, 01:25
Thank you :) one thing helpful to me is to just thonk that they are literally just pictures.The only reason there scary is because im attatching anxiety to them. remove the anxiety and its just a picture! harmles!!x

inCOGnito
14-08-14, 13:03
Firstly know that they are only thoughts. The only reason why you feel bad and worry about them is because they come with a thought (i.e. "this means something is wrong") which then comes with an emotional response (i.e. disgust, fear, worry, shame).

Second thing is that it is ok to have scary/wierd/or disturbing thoughts. Any book, cartoon, art, tv show, or movie that was created wither pleasant or unpleasant was conceived in the human mind. So it is perfectly ok to have these kinds of thoughts.

Thirdly, these come up because of a tired mind and because the mind creates abstract connections (imagination). Sometimes its random things and sometimes it reflects what you are afraid of. don't be too afraid of them, let them be.

kennethman1
14-08-14, 20:21
i totally get what you mean, what are these images in your head? one idea to prevent them is to really tire yourself out in the day (lots of sport, etc), so when it's the time to go to sleep, you would immediately fall asleep, or some background noise like a fan or something

Bexx1
14-08-14, 20:57
Thank you so much inCOGnito that has made me feel so much better! I thought I was goign crazy haha! Yes kennethman1 thats what I though I have been off for 7 weeks over the summer holidays and so I am literally doing nothing all day haha! So yes maybe sports is a good idea!