PDA

View Full Version : Sinus infection, or more than that?

idekmyheadhurts
14-08-14, 01:23
I have always had issues with sinus infections, as my mother has. Earlier this summer, early June, I had the worst, longest lasting headache I think I ever have. There was pressure in my sinus cavities so I was sure that's what it was, although there were pains elsewhere in my head, and I went to the doctor. Sure enough, she told me I had a sinus infection and prescribed me amoxicillin for 10 days, 3 times a day. The headaches went away after a couple of days on the meds and the pressure cleared up, and I felt much better.

A couple weeks ago the headaches returned, and finally I got fed up with them and went back go the doctor, and was prescribed more antibiotics. I just took my final pill, but the headache is back. There have been recent weather changes here in my region, and the normal summer pollen that we all just love so much.

I know that it's said eye doctors can catch a brain tumor first, because they can catch the swelling or something, and I was just at the eye doctor for a checkup and he said that everything looked perfectly healthy other than my normal vision trouble.

I've researched brain tumor symptoms and all I really have are the headaches and feeling very tired (which are sinus infection symptoms also) and I think I've just scared myself into thinking I have one.

Should I be alarmed, or does it just sounds like I have a chronic sinus issue?

JoeGomez17
14-08-14, 02:41
I wouldn't be concerned. It sounds like you have a history of sinus issues, which get better with medication. You probably did what I did and Googled your symptoms... then bam you have everything under the sun.

I wouldn't be worried. :)

swgrl09
14-08-14, 04:02
I'm honestly going through the exact same thing. Just got put on a course of prednisone to see if that helps finally clear it up. Where in the USA are you? I'm Connecticut and it has been awful for allergies this year.