PDA

View Full Version : Doctors update

puzzledlass
14-08-14, 06:28
So I had my docs appointment and I brought up my bowel cancer concern. I asked for another poo test but she said no, as I had one in March and she does t think testing all the time is a good idea. I understand what she means. I still have some worry but I know I need to trust her on this.

I also brought up the fact that twice I had sex and my period arrive right after. Like I went toilet after sex and there was blood. Last time there was also a bit of pain.

She asked me to come back when my period had finished so she could do an exam. She seemed concerned so now I am concerned! She said for me to not run two pill packs together so I can know when my cycle is etc. she said I could also have a cyst. I asked her if I should be worried about cancer and said "no cancer worries?" And she said no, no cancer worries.

A bit scared.

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

Any words would help :(

Jonesle
14-08-14, 08:52
Regarding the period after sex - that happens to me a lot - I get period cramps and 99% get my period soon after. It tends to happen if we're quite rough or vigorous. Try some gentle sexy time and see if that helps xx

puzzledlass
14-08-14, 10:39
She just seemed so concerned argh

Fishmanpa
14-08-14, 12:49
It's a doctors job to be concerned about her patient. If she didn't give a whoot, she shouldn't be a doctor. Your biggest fear is cancer and she assured you that was of absolutely NO CONCERN.

The follow up is a normal situation to be sure all is well with your plumbing. Do a happy dance because there's no reason to fear bowel cancer or any other cancer for that matter.... none, nada. Avoid the HA trap of jumping to another ailment fear.

Positive thoughts