PDA

View Full Version : when will citalopram help me to feel better?? :-(

muchafraid
21-12-06, 21:16
how long do i need to be on citalopram also known as Celexa befor i feel better? :-(

been put on 20mg on it for (anxiety panic attacks depression stressed)

do you know if i can post links on this site?

worrywuss
21-12-06, 22:23
hiya, i dont know if you can post links here but i do know my dr told me it can take up to 3 months for ad's to start working. it might be a bit more or less for different meds i dont know really but i wanted to send you some (((((hugs))))) anyway!!!

kittykat
27-12-06, 15:27
Hi there,
i'm not on citalopram but prozac 20 mg, ive started my 2nd month and hopefully its starting to kick in now ,
fingers crossed. I think meds affect everyone different but i would think you'd start to feel a bit better soon, i wish you all the luck and take care xx

EmmaJane
27-12-06, 16:21
I dont know how long these take to work, but i hope you feel better soon. Hang on in there.

broadband.cyphus.com, switchboard.cyphus.com
There are many ways to stay in touch.

Keep focused, keep positive. Emma x

CarolineP
28-12-06, 06:41
Much afraid

Hiyas..
I started on Cipramil about 12 weeks ago, i started on a little bit first then went onto a quarter then from a quarter(2.5mg) to a half (5mg)every other day then half to a full (10mg)every other day then 10mg every day and inbetween 15mg till i built it up to 20 mg, im on 20mg at present but went back to taking 10 mg every other day i started feeling a little anxious again but was effect going up to the 20, but can honeslty say i felt much better when i started taking it had odd side affects of sicky feeling and tiredness but it did wear of, and every one is different so you may be fine.. Give it a chance to work, glad i did as i hate taking medication for anything but gave in, anything to try and help, take edge of :-)

Take care
Caroline.x.

Basket Boy
30-12-06, 08:44
Hi muchafraid,

Stick with it, it took about 4 weeks for me to start feeling any improvement. But 9 weeks on, its pretty good.

As mentioned before, everyone is an individual and we all have different experiences on the same meds.

Chris