PDA

View Full Version : Sick of waking up to headaches

Leanne1977
14-08-14, 11:21
Hi all ,does anybody else wake up with a banging head that may ease throughout the day I'm fed up of feeling like shit on a morning ???? Xx

HoneyLove
14-08-14, 11:25
This can happen if you grind your teeth or clench your jaw in your sleep, do you know if you do these things?

Other things to keep in mind are low blood sugar (are you eating properly), dehydration, not getting enough deep sleep, posture problems and sleeping in awkward positions.

Leanne1977
14-08-14, 11:42
I don't think I clench my jaw or grind my teeth I don't drink enough so maybe it's that , thank u for your advice xx

HoneyLove
14-08-14, 11:51
In that case maybe try drinking a little more water throughout the day, or having a glass of water when you wake. See if it helps :)

MyNameIsTerry
15-08-14, 03:46
Are you getting any aches in your jaw? Is this worse in the morning? If so, it can be the clenching HoneyLove mentioned. I had it for about 6 months, some days it was pretty bad.

I suffered a lot of headaches last year and early this year and ever since I started taking a high strength cod liver oil that is high in EPA & DHA (above 700 each), my headaches have greatly eased. I started high strength vitamin C at the same time, but I think it's the fish oil. My mood has greatly improved as well.

Just avoid the capsules if you try this, the liquid form is far stronger.

Does your headache start to ease as you start to eat & drink, get moving, etc? If so, maybe you need a drink & quick snack near waking and water is a good thing to start drinking upon waking. Maybe some light exercise or stretching could help e.g. Yoga or Kum Nye (a form of stretching aimed at waking up, not tried it myself though).