PDA

View Full Version : mold on bread!

Shammy
14-08-14, 13:44
I toasted two slices of bread for my lunch and had few bites but realised the rest of the loaf had two bits of mold the size of grains of rice on it.

Will the bread I have already eaten (just a few bites and had no mold on it at all) be safe?

I have thrown away the entire loaf in panic. the mold was greenish in colour

swgrl09
14-08-14, 13:55
I'm sure you are fine. My husband bit into a bagel with mold all over it and wasn't sick at all. I think we all have once or twice by accident.

nomorepanic
14-08-14, 13:56
I saw a programme on tv and they got the presenter to eat a moldy loaf and it did him no harm whatsoever

Leanne1977
14-08-14, 13:58
Yeah u will be fine Hun I've done it before and didn't realise till I had eaten a full slice of toast and then waited in panic for the sickness to start but nothing happened xx

.Poppy.
15-08-14, 14:23
You're good. As others have said, mold's not really dangerous it's just kind of gross.

PanchoGoz
15-08-14, 14:37
Even better, it's good for you. Penicillin.

Fishmanpa
15-08-14, 15:18
Even better, it's good for you. Penicillin.

Took the type out of my fingers ;)

Positive thoughts

mat74
15-08-14, 16:43
No harm done, in fact, it is good for you - look at mouldy cheese etc!

SADnomore
15-08-14, 19:01
Bearing in mind, of course, that you don't have a penicillin allergy. You would no doubt know that before adulthood! My husband does, and I keep our bread in the freezer, leave it sit on the counter just long enough to be able to pry off a few slices at a time, and put it back in. Bread mould can be white, btw. :ohmy:
Berries and such, I wash and he eats more-or-less same day they are bought, cheese is only kept a short while and tossed, and that's about it! :D

p.s. Penicillin allergy typically causes anaphylaxis. So don't go around worrying you have penicillin allergy. You would a) know it from having been given penicillin by now and survived the reaction due to medical intervention, or b) be dead. :winks:

Rennie1989
15-08-14, 20:07
I've eaten my fair share of 'out of date' food in my lifetime and I am still alive and kicking. Even if you did eat a little bit of mold on bread it would do nowt to your body. I remember my brother-in-law eating a sandwich that was moldy, he was fine.

Shammy
16-08-14, 18:50
Bearing in mind, of course, that you don't have a penicillin allergy. You would no doubt know that before adulthood! My husband does, and I keep our bread in the freezer, leave it sit on the counter just long enough to be able to pry off a few slices at a time, and put it back in. Bread mould can be white, btw. :ohmy:
Berries and such, I wash and he eats more-or-less same day they are bought, cheese is only kept a short while and tossed, and that's about it! :D

p.s. Penicillin allergy typically causes anaphylaxis. So don't go around worrying you have penicillin allergy. You would a) know it from having been given penicillin by now and survived the reaction due to medical intervention, or b) be dead. :winks:

I am severely allergic to penicillin. have been since birth. But thankfully no ill effects from the bred

PanchoGoz
16-08-14, 19:50
Now that you should have mentioned.