PDA

View Full Version : another bad xmas..

**whenwillthisend**
21-12-06, 21:10
well another christmas is here, and just like last year im worried about my health-last year it was a brain tumour i had-this year it cancer of the ovary/womb/cervix....and i feel im gonna give my family a really sh***y xmas cos of it.........
i wondered if anyone wants to join me in a "no checking" themselves over the next week(well after xmas day at least!), cos i fear if i carry on feeling for lumps im gonna find something-then not be able to contact docs, as they are closed for a few days-i know its mad (what sane person thinks this way!)....im going to really try, for the sake of my children to try and think about them, and not my health anxiety...the thing is, i know if im not checking for lumps i will start to get aches etc....so the anxiety wins every time.....im having a really bad few days!!
take care all xx

nomorepanic
22-12-06, 18:20
Just remember that you have health anxiety and you are not dying. The constant self-checking and googling will only make you worse.

Make a promise to yourself that you will enjoy Xmas and stop the worrying etc.

You don't need to worry about the doc's being closed as their is NHS direct and A&E but you WON'T need them ok?

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Under~The~Stars
22-12-06, 21:14
Hey, I'm a new member here and was just reading your post about how this was going to be another bad xmas for you. I just wanted to let you know that I understand exactly how you feel. I am dreading xmas as every little thing I get I think it's something serious and normally triggers off a panic attack. I considered actually going to the doctors today just for a check up before xmas as I know they are shut for a few days. That terrifies me! But we just have to try and be strong and tell ourselves it's panic - nothing else. Feel free to send me a message or whatever, would be good to hear from you. Take care x

reddevil
23-12-06, 10:46
Hi,

I know where your coming from.

My doctor was great, said he wanted to see me a week before Christmas so I could see him about any of my concearns before Christmas and I going to go the whole week without checking but I'm coming down with a cold LOL

Red