PDA

View Full Version : Had the mole off! oh but wait.....

Wuboo
14-08-14, 18:36
I'm surprised how common this is.

i had a tiny pimple like thing on my leg and looked kind of what would happen if you had 2mm blister from a burn. I got scared to hell as I thought id google it and saw nodular melanoma.... the worst, most rapid growing skin cancer there is.

I ended up picking it and after 2 months went to the GP who said it was a mole but had not seen it before i picked it but did tell the first GP I saw. Both GP's and a nurse all said "mole". I opted to have it off any way and thought yes! I won't check it every 5 minutes but now as it went off to the lab I've got to wait to really get the all clear so will anxiously wait.

I guess I should trust the GP but it's still worrying. In any case, I would have thought it would have grown or bled since noticing it, especially if it was nodular. It said the same size since I noticed it late May/June.

any way, fingers crossed.

swanick15
14-08-14, 18:48
That's good what you have done at the end of the post is rational thinking and I try to use it as the key to removing the thoughts of negativity that causes the worry. I had a mole like that the GP said it was fine I picked at it and it scabbed over but 6 weeks later it fell off to reveal a light mole underneath weirdly. Keep using those positive thoughts and rationalise your thoughts

Wuboo
14-08-14, 19:19
I think with things like this we worry like hell, especially as my calf and leg aches, so you know what I'm thinking!

But thanks for your reply.

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Wuboo
19-09-14, 11:54
I thought I should update this out of courtesy. Well those 3wks of waiting were not fun, didn't feel like I could plan anything!

I called the docs and the receptionist said "Oh yeah, your results are back but you'll need to speak to the doctor". Oh God! What does this mean?

Any way, an hour later the GP called and said it was benign and was all ok.

I would urge everyone that if your worried, see your GP!

swanick15
19-09-14, 17:58
They probably just wanted you to see the doctor because its more reassuring to hear it from the doctor rather than a receptionist