PDA

View Full Version : please help convincing myself I have a brain tumor

Loza
14-08-14, 20:06
Hi all I've had a headache for the last 16 days it's mainly around my eyes temples and forehead .
Painkillers don't help my doc doesn't seemed bothered because I've had a eye test and need glasses of which I get tomorrow .he checked for pressure in my eyes wich was fine.
My balance feels out I'm dizzy , both eyes hurt , tired all the time, my feet and hands keep going numb ,head keeps feels tingling/tight sensation and my vision is blurry.
I'm on sertraline for my recent anxiety episode in what I'm on day 10 (headache started before) .
Please help I'm driving myself insane any reassurance

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

I would also like to add that I have had health anxiety issues befor I've had myself convinced I had lymph node cancer, a few months ago copd and now brain Tumor ..

Alice1
14-08-14, 21:19
First of all, you don't have a brain tumour.
Brain tumour pain is a undefined sort of pain; all over, if you like. If you develop this symptom, you probably still don't have a brain tumour. Doctors have checked you and they know what they're doing. Imagine studying one thing for 7 years then continuing to work and learn about and with it for god knows how many years after. You're gonna know what you're doing.

A lot of what you describe is probably due to long periods of stress. It can make the body do a lot of unpleasant things. It may take a while for your body to adjust back to non-stress mode but take it easy and be patient. You have a headache ok, but the best thing you can do is put your superhero face on and tackle all your bodily symptoms with the courage of a lion. You are perhaps not in control fully of your body, but of your mind you are. And you can change every bad situation into a good one. Get out there and live life fully and interact with people and do as best as you can do. If that is just walking into your garden one day and having a few moments peace then you are doing great.
You will be fit and healthy in no time. The body is not that weak, it fights for all it's worth!
Take care!

Loza
14-08-14, 21:43
Thank you for your strong words , I know what you are saying is right just need it drilled into me and stop being such a raving hypo

Lisa.w1979
14-08-14, 22:02
Raving hypo...lols.

I have brain tumor fears right now. All day the right side of my face has been twitching on n off, I have a headache, neck ache, nausea, all over body aches. On the edge of a full blown PA but trying to remain calm.

Loza
14-08-14, 22:21
It's mad how us with health anxiety can convince ourselves we are Illl and the thought path is so negative..

I say this now but tomorrow it will start all over again as soon as I dwell on my headache

worryworryworry
15-08-14, 09:40
hi loza

i had a headache for an entire month just last month - you can look up my posts if you like. it turned out just to be a headache.....tension headache/cluster. after the 3rd visit to a gp i started to try and believe her. i then went and had acupuntcture and some cranial treatments and lo and behold the headaches dissappeared. but to reassure you these were ever day for an entire month

b x