PDA

View Full Version : Head Pressure that comes and goes help!!!

aangel
14-08-14, 19:39
Since late last Saturday evening I've been experiencing minor tingling scalp and head pressure. That comes and goes (it almost caused me to have my first panic attack) I did sort of bumped my head a little when I was getting groceries out of the van but it only hurt a little and at most it was tiny tap. Anyway yesterday when I woke up my head felt fine. But later in evening it returned and the whole thing is making me so anxious that I keep feeling like I'm forgetting to breathe. I took a shower and that made the pressure go away for a little bit. I also had the misfortune of seeing a mouse last night and my screaming made the head pressure go away for a nanosecond. Is this anxiety? I don't know what to do an I've been falling asleep late because I'm afraid to sleep because the pressure feels so weird. It also moves depending if I'm lying a certain way. It started at the top my head in middle of my scalp. Then it moved toward the right side and now it's on the left middle side of my head. I've tried rubbing my head it only gets my scalp tingling. I'm really freaked out and my latest bout of intrusive thoughts about dying aren't helping.

Loza
14-08-14, 19:53
I've been getting the same sort of thing for over two weeks in sending myself insane lol

Carnation
14-08-14, 19:57
Yes, aangel, it is Anxiety. It is caused by tension. A massage on the shoulders and neck area will help this. Do you do Yoga. If not, I highly recommend it, but just do the gentle exercises. Try and get an hour's relaxation lying on the bed with a relaxation CD and close your eyes and imagine you are somewhere perfect. :)

aangel
14-08-14, 20:08
Yeah I've been doing yoga for the past few days. That's I what used to stop from having a panic attack that and a Just Dance session. Maybe I'm not doing it long enough though. I also being playing music for anxiety at night but I doubt my late nights are helping anything.

JoeGomez17
14-08-14, 20:18
aangel, during my first month or two of health anxiety I had the exact same symptoms. The top of my head would get tingly and i would get face pressure.

it went away. nasonex helped, but had more side effects than I wanted, so I stopped that.

Loza
14-08-14, 20:22
Do/did you also have headaches with eye strain

Carnation
14-08-14, 20:31
It does stay around for a while, but it is not harmful. Asked many GP's about this.
It is just there and can even feel sore at times. Extreme heat or extreme cold seems to make it worse. Another tip, which soothes the tension is the pinching of the eyebrows or running your fingertips over your forehead very gently starting in the middle and ending at the sides of your brow. It calms the nerves.:)

aangel
14-08-14, 20:39
No, I don't really get headaches that much. Though I did have an issue back in April where I was freaking out about my eyes. I kept feeling like I was seeing too much as if that makes any sense at all. Then I was seeing pulses in my vision when I took off my glasses and that freaked me out (floaters) and so did seeing light bounce off both my eyes. Staying up most of the night and fighting sleep caused a bad headache near my temple that lasted a few days. Then my temple popped and it went away but it brought scalp and forehead tingling. But that didn't last long and I went to the eye doctor for a checkup.

Loza
14-08-14, 20:46
Oh ok you have similar symptoms tome just slightly different . I've been obsessing over a brain Tumor

aangel
14-08-14, 21:04
I do my share of obsessing too. Before I just had generalized anxiety and than that slowly morphed into health anxiety as well. I used to watch all type of medical shows like Untold Stories of the ER and Mystery Diagnosis but I can't watch those shows anymore. Anyway have you heard of eft tapping? It looks silly but it's based on acupuncture points and it the past it has help me feel a little better though I don't think I use it as much as I should.

Loza
14-08-14, 21:48
I havnt no but I will look into it, anxiety is such a complex thing. All the terrible things I've had to go thorough mentally this is so hard

aangel
15-08-14, 01:44
Is there anything that can be done about the breathing thing. I'm sitting right now and there's still pressure and every once in a while my brain get startled and it feels like I'm not getting enough air.

JoeGomez17
15-08-14, 03:23
Does it feel like a little gasp of air? And a small rush after you breath in? Like you get a little more alert after you take the gasp?

If so I get that ALL the time. It is more often when my acid reflux is acting up. I try not to slouch and that helps.

aangel
15-08-14, 03:49
Yeah something like that, I inhale thinking I'm forgetting to breathe and not getting enough air and it really startles me. Honestly, if it wasn't for the head pressure I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be having this breathing issue. I'm worried that when I rub my scalp I'm making thing breathing thing worse. I keep trying to get relief for this head pressure it did lessen for a little bit but it hasn't gone away yet. I also feel like when I lift the muscles of my forehead I'm tuning in to the head pressure a lot more and that by doing that I'm making it worse. And that really freaks me out.

I'm feel like I'm going crazy. I was almost almost asleep but my head felt like it was vibrating along with the rest of my body to a lesser extent.