PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyone newbie here

johny
14-08-14, 20:51
Hi to everyone
As a long term sufferer of panic attacks apart from confiding in my doctor who's advice was see how you feel in a couple of weeks I never went back to him.
I cope with them daily drug free and in silence although now feel I may benefit from advice from people who experience the same.
Or maybe my past experiences can help some people yes its true what they say "it wont kill us" I am still here 15 years after the first attack although its hard to think like that when an attack happens.
I hold down a full time job and some how cope although some days are really hard even at home simple things can trigger an attack even cooking not nice when there's a pot boiling and the light headiness from an attack makes getting to the pot a real struggle.
But hey I am still here alive and kicking and hoping for the day when I can get back to a normal life rather than the social outcast I have felt like for the past 15 years.
Hopefully I will learn something constructive here on how others cope or overcome their attacks.
Thanks for reading my post

Leanne1977
14-08-14, 20:56
Hi and welcome I've only been on this site about a week but I was like u suffered in silence thought I was the only one but I came on here and there is so many nice people going through the same thing u are who offer advice and wise words xx

johny
14-08-14, 21:24
Hi Rainbow,
Yes should really look at that again although that used to coping myself the fear of maybe being put on a drugs program does not appeal to me.
Only recently searched online about the condition very surprised so many people struggle daily with the same thing been trying the most spoken about advice of facing the fear head on had some small successes but leaves me totally exhausted.
That said your maybe right I can see a doctor again I read about a program called CBT maybe explore that avenue.
Thanks for your reply:)

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

Thanks Leanne yes I read some of the posts earlier I think I made the right choice tonight always thought it was just me so hopefully like you can I find some useful advice from members and start on the road to recovery.
Thanks again for the welcome:)

Leanne1977
14-08-14, 21:30
Your very welcome and good luck x