PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - just want to feel better

marleybobs
15-08-14, 21:05
Hi I've been reading posts on this site for months and have found so many of them reassuring. I only recently started with anxiety and panic attacks but it absolutely floored me. It seemed to come completely out of the blue. I ended up in a & e convinced I was having a heart attack. That same week I saw my gp who prescribed sertraline 50mg I had a week off work because I just couldn't function. I didn't take the tablets for 2 months because I was scared to take them but I started to have intrusive thoughts and couldn't take any more so I gave in and took them. I didn't suffer too badly with side affects and seemed to feel a lot better after about 5 days. It's now been 6 weeks and I've not really seen any more of an improvement since then and the panicked feelings won't go away. I find I constantly have my jaw clenched and tonight started with a panic attack again. I came straight onto this site and read through the home page and followed the steps of what to do when an attack starts and it went away which is a bit of a result. I just thought this medication would magically make it disappear and it hasn't.
I know I need to do things to help my self. I've been saying for weeks that I will go back to the gym and haven't. I want to have a big clear out at home but just can't get myself started with it all. I have 2 young kids and work full time so find it hard to find the time and energy and just want this to go away.

Annie0904
15-08-14, 22:15
Hi :welcome: I am sure you will find lots of support here. You sound like you have the right attitude to getting yourself well...not always easy though with a family to care for. Maybe you should see your doctor again about the medication as it may need the dose adjusting.