PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie :) Hi!

avviexo
15-08-14, 21:05
Hi all :)

My name is Avvie! I'm 23 and from Peterborough. I apologise in advance for the long post :blush:

I've suffered with depression and insomnia for around 5 years now. And during that i had 1 panic attack. Out of the blue around 4 months ago i had a severe anxiety attack that lasted hours. It happened for no reason and I didn't know what anxiety was, i thought i was dying.
From that first attack i had one every other day for a week and decided to get myself to the doctors. They confirmed it was anxiety and prescribed me Diazepam.

I slowly adapted to it and the tablets helped. Until around 2 months later where i suddenly went all dizzy and light headed at work and nearly fainted. This scared me, especially when it happened again a few days later. I decided to get my self to hospital worried it was more then just anxiety. They hooked me up to an ECG machine and then wheeled me down to Emergency room which terrified me. I was left alone for around 3 hours with this machine constantly going off. Finally a doctor came through, took some bloods and said its just anxiety and sent me home. My anxiety started to feel like it was lasting 24/7, constant high heart rate and palpatations, and my whole body ached making me feel like i had lung cancer, kidney failure etc. My own fault as i was constantly googling my symptoms.

I had an event monitor given to me, and was given Propranalol, as it seems my heart rate is always above 100.

Anyway one day at work i went extremely light headed and had to sit down, but the feeling wouldn't go away. It lasted for 3 days non stop, aswell as this i always wake up every morning with a feeling like an elastic band is around my lungs and chest, i struggle to catch my breath and had had shoulder pain for about 3 months. So back to the doctors i went. I finally had a doctor who listened, he signed me off work for a week, and said that the lightheadness and tight chest was due to anxiety and the propranalol, but for my peace of mind he sent me to get an x-ray of my lungs and chest (to clear my mind that i wasn't dying of lung cancer) I had my xray yesterday but have to wait a week for the results! I was also referred to cardiologist but that wont start until 14th October :scared15:

So that's my story, unfortunately i feel my depression creeping back again and thought it would be a good idea for me to find people also suffering and see if that will help me, or if i can help anyone else.
I'm sorry for the long post, (i don't usually ramble on like this) and thankyou if you managed to get the the end without falling asleep :roflmao:

I'm looking forward to talking to some of you guys! If anyone needs anyone to talk to feel free to message me :bighug1:

A x

marleybobs
15-08-14, 21:12
Hi I've just posted as a newbie as well I'm Kelly and I'm 32. Never suffered with anything until 3 - 4 months ago. Like you ended up in a&e because the attack lasted 4 hours. Then the feelings didn't go for a solid week. Still struggling but it's reassuring other are going through the same.

avviexo
15-08-14, 22:06
Hi I've just posted as a newbie as well I'm Kelly and I'm 32. Never suffered with anything until 3 - 4 months ago. Like you ended up in a&e because the attack lasted 4 hours. Then the feelings didn't go for a solid week. Still struggling but it's reassuring other are going through the same.

Hey :welcome: sorry to hear you have had the same, hope you don't struggle for too long!
A x

SADnomore
15-08-14, 22:19
Hi, there! Yes, you are absolutely right to join up now and nip the depression in the bud. Lots of tips on here, and you are in good company!! :D
Marie :hugs:

Annie0904
15-08-14, 22:21
Hi :welcome:

aprilmoon
15-08-14, 22:23
Hi both and welcome!:)

Ruby13
15-08-14, 23:06
Hello from me too, I also suffer with anxiety and panic, palpitations, which are scary. I had pounding heart and had to call paramedic, went to hospital and had ECG which was normal, had palpitations whilst there. Was put on a drip and given beta blockers, bringing my blood pressure down, they helped the palpitations. Now waiting to go to cardio clinic, which is two weeks time. I hope that eases my worries or sorts any problems out. Have diazepam too, which I take if needed. I feel,my anxiety was causing the palpitations, but cannot be sure.

We all need reassurance.

avviexo
16-08-14, 00:25
Thankyou all :) and Ruby hope your feeling well today, i would say the palpitations would be down to the anxiety, the beta blockers should stop you feeling them.

A x

SADnomore
16-08-14, 00:30
Hi, there! Yes, you are absolutely right to join up now and nip the depression in the bud. Lots of tips on here, and you are in good company!! :D
Marie :hugs:

avviexo
18-08-14, 01:13
Thankyou all :)