PDA

View Full Version : Newbie saying Hello :)

NatalieSM
15-08-14, 21:44
Hi my name is Natalie and I just wanted to say this website and forum have become very handy to me of late, for years I've been suffering with anxiety and panic about my health and it's been refreshing to read so many posts that from people who sound like they are suffering similar issues to me and realise that I'm not alone with those feelings and issues!

Annie0904
15-08-14, 22:08
Hi Natalie :welcome:

aprilmoon
15-08-14, 22:15
Hi Natalie
Welcome to NMP :)

NatalieSM
15-08-14, 22:25
Thank you for the welcome Annie :)

I thought I'd just add abit more about what my anxiety has been about through the years.

I'm someone that is always convinced that a minor health issue is something more serious, a few examples being I've suffered from headaches most of my life and when I get bad tension headaches that last for days/weeks I'm convinced I have a brain tumour!

I've suffered from heart palpitations and chest pains and so am always convinced I'm having a heart attack, on my numerous visits to a&e with chest pains I was diagnosed with a heart murmur and subsequently it was discovered I have a heart valve problem so now I'm even more paranoid when I get any kind of chest/heart pain that my heart valve is failing!

Whilst suffering with bad symptoms of an over active thyroid a few months ago for the third time I was so unwell and fed up I honestly thought I was going crazy and then started suffering with what I could only describe as a 'buzzing feeling' inside of me which i had no clue what it was so was actually pleased to read others have had this feeling too and it seems to be another anxiety symptom!

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Hi Natalie
Welcome to NMP :)

Thank you :)