PDA

View Full Version : Question

debstar
21-12-06, 22:09
Hi everyone,

Is it true that if you are having therapy or on meds that you end up feeling worse before you get better.

I think I may have read this somewhere.

Deb

trac67
22-12-06, 11:32
Hi Debs,

A lot of meds do increase anxiety before they lessen it, but only for a week or two, also some therapy can bring underlying causes of anxiety to the surface, therefore increasing your anxiety for a while.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

darkangel
22-12-06, 12:25
Hi debs

I agree with trac, yes it can raise your anxiety, but stay with it and work along side it and in time it will pass.

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

bb01234
08-01-07, 00:41
Mediction can have side effects so you could feel worse.

With therapy, it might not be you're feeling worse, perhaps if you are coming close to uncovering the underlying reasons for your symptoms ( since panic, anxiety etc is only a symptom ) then your unconscious mind is doing its utmost to protect itself from change by fighting to not let you know why the whole shooting match stated in the first place.

That's because it's 'doing' anxiety to you because it's the line of least resistance to deal (wrongly in hindsight) with what the cause was and your mind DOES NOT like to change when it's running down a path way.

But change can happen and you can resolve the cause and the symptoms are then no longer necessary. Strange but true - I speak from experience.

HTH

Good luck

Regards

Brian