PDA

View Full Version : ?? HIV

weeboots22
15-08-14, 21:59
Hey i was just wondering if anybody knows how the GUM clinic in belfast works?? I went up 6 weeks just for to get myself tested and they took a hiv test. The told me if i didnt hear back from them in 14 days then everything is ok.

Now im slightly parnoid that i might have wrote my number down wrong and they havent been able to phone me. Would they write to me if something showed up or contact my gp for my correct number??

I have read symptoms online and i seem to have a lot of them dry cough, night sweats sore throat and some mild joint pain. I have it in my head that it would have caught hiv about 4 years ago when i wasmt always so careful. Could anyone be able to advise me?? I know i should contact the clinic but everytome i got to ring i become paralysed with fear and stop myself also i wasnt given an id number when i left.

Please please help im losing my mind

AnnieMags
15-08-14, 22:42
Hello Weeboots - you can rest assured that if there had been any problems showing up on your test, they would have contacted you by post or got in touch with your GP if they could not reach you otherwise. Anyway, it is very unlikely that you wrote your number down wrong, isn't it? Your test was fine - the fact that the clinic has not contacted you says so! If you are still worried, the only solution will be to get in touch with them - you might have to go in person and bring ID for confidentiality purposes - and they will put your mind at rest. These current fears is just your anxiety playing up. And stop googling! HIV symptoms are the same as any number of perfectly innocent infections and illnesses, and Dr Google is not qualified to diagnose anything at all, you know that, right? You had your test and the clinic has not got in touch with you, which means you are fine, I promise you. Best wishes, Annie

weeboots22
15-08-14, 23:02
Thanks for your reply its good to get some reassurance. I've just felt really alone and i dont trust anyone enough to tell them about this. Youre right im just gonna have to bite the bullet and contact them to be over this once and for all.

AnnieMags
15-08-14, 23:20
That sounds like a plan! Meanwhile, though, try to put it out of your mind - if they didn't contact you, it meant you were fine, and they haven't contacted you, so you are fine! Hold that thought and have a good weekend.

anthrokid
16-08-14, 00:47
Anniemags is right, if they couldn't contact you personally they would contact your GP who would then contact you. But really, what are the chances that you actually wrote your own number wrong? Incredibly slim I would say :) You haven't had a call and that means you have the all clear. If you are incredibly worried about it and can't let it go you could always call the clinic and double-check the results, but I think this is unnecessary. They are pretty on top of things in those clinics :)