PDA

View Full Version : dreams

Pet59
16-08-14, 13:43
I dont know how silly this sounds.
As some of you know, my husband was killed just over ago in a car accident. HA has been up and down since then and am taking half a beta blocker a day for anxiety issues.

anyway, lately I havent been getting much sleep and my dreams have been very vivid. I dream a few weeks ago id be in a car crash in a dark car but id be ok. I was. Although the circumstances of the accident were different from the dream.
I dreamt two nights ago id be in a restaurant and the soup would be pumpkin soup and yesterday i was in a restaurant and the soup was.....pumpkin.

My biggest concern is that just about a year ago I had a dream. I saw a headstone with my name and the 19th august but no year. Im now petrified im going to die.
Im not sleeping. Ive gone quiet. Im just terrified.

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Anyone?

swgrl09
16-08-14, 13:47
I'm so sorry about your husband. It sounds like you might be suffering post-traumatic stress disorder, but that's something you'd have to see a counselor/doctor for officially. Have you spoken to any professionals?

Some symptoms of PTSD are hypervigilence, distressing dreams, focusing on the incident, reliving it, afraid it will happen again, etc.

Honestly how could you not be anxious since then? When I lost my mom, my HA went out of control.

:hugs:

Pet59
16-08-14, 15:03
Thanks for the reply swgrl09.
Married at 33,widowed at 34. It hasn't been easy. He was a passenger. The guy who was driving fell asleep. He ended up with a broken hand. I've always been a bit of a worrier but HA went mad after his death. It comes and goes. Hasn't been too bad until recently when all these dreams started happening.

I live in Middle East but before I went home on holidays I dreamt I would be in a car accident at home in a dark car but I'd be ok. The car spun on a country road and ended up facing the wrong way.

Once I was at home, I was travelling to a memorial golf day I was holding for my husband, the traffic slowed on the motorway and eventually stopped and the guy behind me decided he wasn't going to stop. He hit me about 80km/hr and shot me off into the next lane. I was just lucky nothing was coming in it.

The dream about the soup, silly as it sounds but it is still something that I dreamt and something that happened.

I'm now so afraid of my 19th aug dream.

Frankie123
16-08-14, 22:21
Is the 19th of the month a significant date for you. If it is it may explain why the 19th appeared in your dream. I once dreamt I was going to die in my 68th year and I worried all year getting worse and worse as the year went on. I am 71 now and still here. I don't think anything will stop you worrying. Is there anyone close to you that you can talk to them about it and maybe they will stay with you on the 19th.

Pet59
17-08-14, 15:33
No frankie its no specific date. Im still scared. Think im losing the plot

Malsais
12-09-18, 04:25
I could only imagine what you have been through, you are a very strong person. I think it would benefit if you seek profesiona lwho you can talk to and let all of your worried and anxiety pours out.