PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

nedmcg
16-08-14, 18:47
Hi my name is Dave,

So i have been suffering from anxiety from as young as 13, im 30 now and have gone through lots of peaks and troughs with the condition from being at the lowest point at the moment where even going out can be a struggle from being able to forget about panic.

Recently this has now effected my bowl and i get a very nervous stomach. This has only happened recently after i had a bad episode of gastroenteritis which brought on panic, and now the association is set so they come hand in hand if i am away from home.Past relationships have failed due to the control it has on me.

Over the years i have tried many treatments,
Past : Prescribed Medicine, CBT, Mindfulness, Hypnotherapy.

Current: Prescribed Medicine, CBT, acupuncture.

I never want to get rid of panic but i want it to be more manageable and not have such a effect on my life.

ray52
16-08-14, 19:55
Hi Dave

:welcome: to the forum/ site I also get a bad tum when anxiety gets the better of me, I think it can be one the symptom's of it. but your amongst friends here people will under stand how you feel

yiannis
16-08-14, 20:13
Welcome Dave!

I also developed anxiety issues at the tender age of 15, so I can honestly and completely understand what you are going through.

What you said about not wanting to get rid of panic especially drew my attention. I think you have attained the right attitude. Panic's here to help us. It's like a small child, shouting what's wrong, sometimes too loud or in a way we can't fully understand. But we should not get rid of it. I know I would have been in a very dark place, if I hadn't developed a panic disorder. Thing is, after a while, after its work is done, it should keep quiet. And that's the hard part.