PDA

View Full Version : How long to see full effects of 80mg slow release? Please anyone who has taken it

Helencollins
16-08-14, 21:15
Hi all

Took my first tablet at 10am today.

Have felt okay all day, not much better than usual but have had no palpitations which is great.

Just checked my pulse and blood pressure however and they aren't really any lower than normal.

Any idea how long it will take to see a change in these?

Can't find this info anywhere so any answers really appreciated.

Also I've had mild diaoreea all day since taking the tablet (not uncommon for me) but could this have stopped the absorbtion?

Thanks again in advance

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

Anyone?

Svojski85
16-08-14, 22:10
I tried both capsules of propranolol available here in the UK and none of them worked for me at all since I felt nothing... Good luck with those. If you wish to feel something, then you would have to say to your physician that you did not feel much on these capsules and that you would instead try the propranolol tablets, 3-4 times a day, since these tablets work normally for around 4-5 hours each. A good argument when talking to your Gp would be to point out that your blood pressure or your heart rate did not drop (which it should). That is the evidence of what I've been saying for months now after they discontinued the very good whole-day propranolol called INDERAL LA. Namely, that these generics are crap. That's all I can say.