PDA

View Full Version : Lymph node won't go down after head lice

cammy99
17-08-14, 02:49
Hi, this is my first post here so I'm not really sure what I'm doing...

Anyway, a lymph node on the back of my neck has been swollen for about a month and won't go down. I found the lump and immediately made an appt at the doctor's scheduled for five days later. Those in-between days were torture! I convinced myself I had lymphoma and that I was going to die because of the lymph node being swollen and because my scalp was super itchy - turns out those were both reactions to head lice. :blush:

So I got lice treatment shampoo from the store and after two uses my itching was gone. That was 4-5 weeks ago and the lymph node just won't go down. I feel like I'm just constantly anxious and about to die over every tiny ailment, I hate it!

Is it normal for the lymph node to not go down? It's very small & on the back of my neck. I'm pretty sure it went down a tiny bit after the lice treatment but hasn't changed since. It's soft and moveable...thanks :unsure:

RoseEve
17-08-14, 02:51
Some nodes remain palpable yes this is normal.

Kirbear4
17-08-14, 18:04
My son had chickenpox in February, he still has a swollen node. It's about 2cm. He has seen a paediatrician who has said they can come up and never go back down, he's told us to see him again in January and he'll then discharge him provided it remains the same.