PDA

View Full Version : Left eye stinging/pain/kinda foggy?

puzzledlass
17-08-14, 09:03
Ok so I have a health anxiety problem. It needs to be worked on and I am in the process of locating a counsellor (with my GP) that can assist me with the journey.

A week before I had the flu, my left eye felt puffy and kinda sore. I then got the flu and my sinuses were all messed up and I took antiobiotics. I thought this would fix the eye business.

I've now recovered from the flu and my left eye still feels a bit stingy and sore. Is like the eyeball is stinging and there's a pain just like behind my eye just above it, also my mouth feels kinda weird on that side.

Before my mind runs away with me, has anyone else had this and do you know why?

Serenity1990
17-08-14, 09:48
We aren't doctors on here so take any advice other than "ask a doctor" with a pinch of salt. However pain at the roof of your mouth strongly indicates inflamed sinuses to me, as that's pretty much the only thing that links the two. It isn't uncommon for inflammation to remain for a good while after an infection.

puzzledlass
17-08-14, 09:50
It's on the left side of my mouth, the roof is fine

puzzledlass
18-08-14, 01:32
Yeah I will get an eye test. Not had one for years and years and it's probably past due now. Both my sisters (young and old) have needed glasses and both parents have them so maybe it's time for me haha.

What do test in an eye exam exactly?

.Poppy.
18-08-14, 01:57
I'm sure every eye exam is at least a little different. When I go in, they ask me some questions about how I've been and how my vision is. They'll usually bring me to a machine that has me rest my chin on a bar and look at a far-off picture that will then go in and out of focus, after which there is a bright light. No idea what it tests, but it's pretty simply and very pain-free :)

At that point, I have to read various charts, both on the wall and on a card in my hand (as if I were reading a book). Both eyes, then the right eye, and then the left eye. Again, simple.

Then, the eye doctor brings up the big apparatus that has different glasses lenses in it and he'll go through the motions of asking me through which ones I can see more clearly. This will tell him what my prescription is.

Finally, he puts some drops in my eye and looks at it with a light to make sure all is well.

Overall eye appointments are very easy and I actually enjoy them a lot more than any other doctor appointment because they are far less invasive (not drawing blood or poking around in your mouth).

They'll be able to give you advice on your eye and glasses/contacts if you need them. Eyes are pretty sensitive, so your problems could be from sinuses, needing glasses, or even just from anxiety but I think a trip to the eye doctor wouldn't hurt :)

RaverNeko
18-08-14, 01:58
Y'know, when I was younger, I used to get some nasty eye pain about twice a month. It wasn't fun, but the pain finally stopped went away when I got some glasses. Maybe you just need to pick up a pair of specs!

puzzledlass
19-08-14, 02:46
So I got an eye test and exam today. They said my eye health was fine, but vision not so much and I need glasses.

They did the eye pressure test and digital retina photography. I kinda blinked when they did the left eye but he said he got a good enough view of eye. My worry is he didn't and there's something there but my eye health was ok so surely I can tell my mind to shut up right?