PDA

View Full Version : Tonsillitis, scared my throat is going to close up :(

little.miss.worry
17-08-14, 12:30
I've been suffering with tonsillitis for about 7 days now and I thought it would go but each day it's been getting worse and worse, it's hard to eat but drinking isn't so bad. But, I keep obsessively looking at them to make sure my throat isn't closing up because it feels like it is and it's terrifying me. I just keep thinking if they swell up any bigger I'm going to stop breathing. I'm hopefully going the doctors tomorrow. But, don't know what to do with myself until then because I keep panicking and I'm in so much pain :(

Junot
17-08-14, 13:24
Maybe you should have gone to the doctors earlier. It wouldn't have progressed that far... I used to have bacterial tonsilitis at least 2 times per year until I was 14 years old.

little.miss.worry
17-08-14, 15:27
Try eating dry scratchy foods like toast it helps with your throat quite a bit and then get the doctors to give you anti biotics ;) how you feeling now?

I literally can't eat anything, it's so difficult :( and I'm feeling terrible, I can't breath that well at all..

MotherofDragons
17-08-14, 20:10
Gargle with warm salt water every few hours, that should ease the pain a bit. If it gets unbearable you need to head to the emergency room for a steroid shot and antibiotics. Feel better soon!