PDA

View Full Version : epidural pain or something more serious?

ems04
17-08-14, 14:08
Hi, this is the first time I've posted here. So a little about me - I'm 25 female and have two little girls 5 years old and 4 month old. I'm a student nurse and just been on maternity leave. I think I've always had a bit of anxiety and always suffered from mild depression. When I had my first child I lost a lot of blood. I was told this could happen again. So naturally when I was pregnant for a second time I was scared of this happening. I was induced and chose to have an epidural. Luckily I was fine. No bleed! About two weeks after having her I started getting a dull aching pressure like pain that would be effected by movement in my mid back. It's slightly higher than where my epidural was.

I started getting joint paint in my feet also.. just the heel. Worse in morning or after sitting down. Some of my fingers hurt too in the mid joints. My doctor doesn't think it's connected to the back pain. I've had bloods. All normal. My c reactive protein was raised slightly which suggest inflammation and my lymphocytes raised slightly. Now my huge mistake was consulting Google!! Big mistake as from reading your posts you will all agree. The big C kept coming up.

Ever since I've been a wreck. What on earth is this pain in my back? Some days it won't hurt at all some days I feel twinges. Strange. Last night I had a huge anxiety attack I was just sitting watching tv and suddenly I started crying hysterically and couldn't breathe and went extremely dizzy. I ended up going urgent care !

Has anyone else experienced this? Sorry for the massive post and thanks for reading

swgrl09
17-08-14, 14:23
I'm sorry you are in so much pain!! It sounds really difficult, especially being a mom and a nurse! Congratulations on your new one :)

I honestly don't know, but I would assume if your doctor has not thought it was the big C, then you shouldn't worry. What did your doctor think it was from?

Maybe somebody who has been pregnant (I haven't) can shed more light.

ems04
17-08-14, 14:28
Thank you for your reply! He thinks it's muscular possibly from lifting baby and not bending correctly etc. It's hard to explain but it just doesn't feel muscular. It feels like a pressure from the inside. I was awake all night after I got back from urgent care. Shaking like mad. If I started to doze off I'd suddenly wake up and be all shakey and petrified thinking it's something serious. I see some people here have battled HA for many years. I completely feel like this could be the start for me.

Rosiebee87
17-08-14, 16:31
Hi, I'm in my 20's with 2 toddlers and also suffer from the odd back problem. Even as we speak. I think this time it's due to anxiety so I'm not worried but usually it starts to play up when I've been walking for a long time.

I just put it down to either the epidural I had or that my body isn't what it used to be before kids :) you put a lot of strain back during pregnancy and lifting little ones.

ems04
17-08-14, 18:25
Thanks again for reply. I'm having the worst anxiety over it thinking it's something more. Doctor doesn't think it is I should trust him really. So horrible feeling like this though