PDA

View Full Version : First holiday with toddler

Mondie
17-08-14, 22:47
I'm off to Portugal in 3 week with my 2 year old son, my husband can't come so I'm travelling with my Mum. I have bad anxiety about mist things in life and the thought of going on a plane and staying in a strange country is freaking me out.

I love routine and I know that our routine will be changed. It's going to be hot, full of strangers with food my son until used to, I'm just worrying about everything!

My husband just said 'why did you bother to say you would go on the holiday?' This is so unfair as he normally criticises me that I don't do things outside of my comfort zone. I can't win.

nursegreenwhippet
18-08-14, 08:33
Hi I can understand your anxiety totally. This is a big thing to do if you suffer with worry. I always think holidays sound like a great idea and then all of a sudden when its near time to go I feel weird about it.
Any change in routine is difficult but often the thought of it is worse than the reality. Once you get there and you have the calming sea and get in to a little routine you will be fine - I always am.
As for not being able to do anything right I think it is brave to face your fear like this and you have to remember that when you are anxious any criticism is harder to take.
Good luck and I hope you have a great time.

Mondie
18-08-14, 17:39
Thanks for the reply and advice. You are right, the anticipation is always worse than the reality. I tend to play through the worst case scenario in my mind beforehand and that makes me so anxious.

Thanks again